IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has something happened to the snake river thats killed off all the catfish? my dad and i used to catch quite a few cats out there, and in the past 3-4 years i havent caught ANY,or seen any caught, both at CJ strike and swan falls

im i just a
or is something going on?

·
Registered
894 Posts
The mouth of the Walla Walla is a great producer and so is the section where the Palouse River dumps into the Snake. I've tried everything but worms and cutbait seem the best.

It's been a few years since I have fished there though, but it should still be good this time of year.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
When I lived in that neck of the woods I never fished before june for the cats. Water temps make em slow and hard to catch prior to june. :shrug:

·
Registered
72 Posts
We caught a couple of nice ones two years ago - 32" and 24" fishing 1/2 day in mid-September up river in CJ Strike Reservoir. Caught them withing 10 minutes of throwing out the anchor. We were sturgoen fishing and using cut-bait. We let the bait get a little stinky before we used it, but the cats liked it that way.

We were just passing through and were not targeting them - but they were the best eating fish...

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts