IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bunch of trees/snags has moved down into the river just before you come to the confluence with the South Santiam. They look like they may be on the move with more to follow. Be carefull.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for the info...but could you explain a little more?
Are these trees that recently fell into the river or some that have been lodged on sand-bars upriver that have broke loose with the variations in river level?
I assume they are easy enough to get by?

Again thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vandal, downed trees that broke off the banks. at least 3 big ones. They were easy enough to get by but if they buddy up they may give reason for concern. That run always being listed as a easy one some folks might not have their skills honed for weaving. At this point though they are easily missed. The water shallows there and the trees look like they want the nice driftable water. Buggers

·
Registered
395 Posts
Are these the ones on the right immediately before the confluence? If so I think most should be able to get by them.

I went down for the first time in our new drifter and it seemed pretty easy, this was last sat.

Is this since then?

Later Geoff

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there are still a bunch on the right bank but some have broken loose and are strewn in the river. I drifted it last friday and they were still nested in a mess on the right bank, I'm not sure when the 2 or 3 busted loose. Easy enough to miss yesterday but heads up next time down just in case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts