IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grant Mcomie has let us know that the Anti Snagging Shirt story will be on the news, Thursday night, October 30th, at 5 PM on CHANNEL TWO.

Pete, Greenbuttskunk, rpnsteelheadlps, and Rubber Hooks were there. I couldn't make it, but it will be fun to watch! :smile:

Anyhow, thanks, guys, for setting a wonderful example, and thanks, GBS for putting this all together!

Be sure to tune in!

Jen

[ 10-29-2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Oct. 29 is Wednesday night??????????

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm so sorry. I put the 29th. There is no Thursday the 29th! I looked at my Calendar, and posted today's date. I'm sorry!

Tomorrow night on Channel Two, at Five PM. The Grant feature...

Jen

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I watched a portion of the news at 5 and they showed a small part of it I cant belive they stood there and showed off the fish with the hook baried in its tail!!! :mad:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I missed that, they had something on snagging last night? Grant said our interview and segment on the anti-snagging shirt campaign would be part of a bigger story. Should be great to watch tonight, and get some more exposure to the problem. Hey, maybe sell some more shirts too! :grin: Hope they include the stuff we mentioned about Ifish. If you miss it, Grant told me they'd also air it again over the weekend sometime or next week.
GBS

·
Registered
13,253 Posts
I heard Katu is running a night snagging report tonight at 5:00.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Titled - The life and times of Gus, :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
It should be good report. Grant has put alot of time into this and should be commended for the hard work. He really cares about this issue, it's not just "some story" to him. You guys might mail him in thanks after the story airs tonight.
GBS

·
Registered
816 Posts
The radio ad was for a story at 5 on katu. it is a follow up to there earlier story on the news. they made mention about night snagging. Should be a good story. From the quick ad they seem to be focusing there attention in washington. i hope the people the show will be prosecuted to the fullest exstent under the law. snaggers

in one part of the story they call them fisherman. there is no way they can even come close to that title. Hope you all get to see the story, and i hope it will help spread the word that it is down with the snaggers.

cartman

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
TTT,
Just saw an preview to the story...night vision and cameras showing the snaggers faces. way to go guy's!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Now if the judges follow through and fine them big time to enforce the message folks out there may think twice about snagging.

Good job to all those who participated.

Giz...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Just saw the story. All who were involved in setting this up should be very proud of yourselves.

:cheers: :bowdown:

The T-Shirts looked great on the Tele, and I'd expect a big boost in sales of them after that story.

G

·
That was awesome! Good publicity for ifish and good public exposure of this snagging problem. WTG Pete,Brad and David

Hey David you and I have the same haircut :shocked:

[ 10-30-2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Stew ]

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Way to go, you guys!

Thank you!

Jen

1 - 20 of 60 Posts