IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snaggers, maybe you\'ll get this message!

Here's a sign I just designed, got the idea from DepoDan's post I think. We could print this on a waterproof stock and we could organize some Ifishers to help post them in trouble areas. We could take ladders and post them out of harms way. Sure some would still get torn down by the knuckledraggin 3-tooths, but if it deters even a few, we have won a battle. Does anyone own a printing shop who would like to donate some printing to a good cause. Email me if anyone would like me to get the ball rolling, we don't have much time.

[ 09-24-2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: greenbuttskunk ]

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
Re: Snaggers, maybe you\'ll get this message!

I like it! Looks like DFW did it themselves!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

Watch it with the ODFW logo's If... Looks Legit but you could be committing more of a crime than what the snaggers are doing :hoboy:

·
Premium Member
14,488 Posts

um yeah, you might want to check with odfw on that to make sure they don't come and pull them down. or you could take the odfw logos off of it.

you might also want to include the snagger hotline numbers on that.

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

yes, I thought about the logo issue, and a snagger number is a great idea, who's got one?
I can modify the sign pretty quick.
GBS

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

keep in mind that the odfw logo is their property... Might not hurt to make a call to get the ok to use it. I'm sure they wouldn't mind..

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

Eggs cured up nice,thanks again. Eagle creek would be a good place for the sign. Every little crack & crevis on the creek will be loaded with DARK FISH SNAGGERS. Do you have a sign at the fishn club? Tight lines,sturgeon1.

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Here's a revision witout the logos if they will not support the message, although I'd like to think they will but who knows.

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

hey st1,
Glad you could use the, you're welcome.
I will contact OFC, i'm sure Bruce would appreciate some for the properties.
Thanks,
GBS

·
Banned
37,111 Posts

Looks great. I would remove the words "or unethical" and "legitimate" from the portion in the box. "Unethical" is not necessarily illegal and "ligitimate" may just inflame someone enough to tear down the sign. I don't think the change would alter the message.

The same sign with Washington logo would be nice if they agreed to the use of the logo. We could use a bunch of them up here.

Here are the numbers to report poachers:

OR - (800) 452-7888

WA - (800) 477-6224

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

You should include an Illustration of a fish being snagged and put a slash through it! WHY? Because Eagle Creek Eddie's and the rest of the cranker slim jims can't read. I will post some on the Kalama for you!

[ 09-24-2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: FastAction ]

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

thanks crabbait. you are proabably right. I was getting a little hot when I made this and would love to hurl as many insults at them as possible, but I too realize it may just **** them off too much. Anyone have a contact at ODFW to ask for permission for the logo use, also someone there who can mail me an EPS of the logo.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts

http://www.bundymania.com/images/*****.jpg

Hey, I like it! :grin:

You guys are right and you would have to see if ODFW would OK it.

I think unethical is OK and think it is on the signs at the Salmon River. I'm going to post it on the permanent snagging thread if you don't beat me to it GBS. Ideas are good.

I have to give *** Clerk credit for being the original one to post or upload the Salmon River sign. Our district biologist Bob Buckman emailed it to me and *** at my request and he beat me to it. His assistant Kevin Goodson is the one that designed both the signs as a result of the Salmon River meetings. We chose the one that is posted.

Also permission has to be given before signs can be posted I believe. I'll email these two threads to our local biologist to see what they think.

Still moving and way behind. Keep up the good work. I'm tempted to haul it all off to the dump and just keep my fishing gear, guns and computer. :grin:

Dan

·
Banned
3,904 Posts

By the way, ODFW printed up all the laminated Salmon River signs and could probably print some for others to post also if they are acceptable.

Lot of unethical behavior out there (like deficating around the fishing area, etc.) and I think that is good wording (unethical).

You could email your ideas to Kevin Goodson who designed our signs and if he isn't the right person to deal with I'm sure he could pass you on to the right person.
[email protected]

You might want to try and keep some of this problem solving on the permanent snagging thread which will remain there (pinned) and there are a lot of media, game enforcement folks, etc. watching that thread.

Dano

·
Registered
5,743 Posts

Great job GBS.
Signs like that would be a big benefit due to the fact that a lot of people might not want to take the time to track the numbers down if they don't already have them. Coupled with a couple patrols a week from the gamies wouldn't hurt this effort either. Pretty quick, after getting hit with $500 fines, these lowlifes may want to try fishing the legal way and catch a lot better quality fish. :shrug:

·
Registered
6,569 Posts

Looks great. Maybe "snaggers and poachers" instead of "violators" - - they might not understand that (4 syllables!) even if they can sound out the words.

Don't be surprised if ODFW doesn't let you use their logo. If you wait for official approval, you won't post these signs until 2006.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts