IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snag ShirtsFISHERMAN\'S Thursday 12-8CANCELED

I'm in shock here everyone. I had two boxes of shirts stolen from my home last night. I realized it this morning and am going to file a police report now. I'm praying the scum that took them just left them stashed somewhere near my home.
I can't imagine they have any value to them. Maybe with a prayer I'll find them or the police have. Tonight is officially canceled. Marie at Tillamook Bait Company has about 80, plus I've sold about 40, so it's not a total loss. I'll contact those of you who helped fund this and get you your funds back right away, so please don't worry.
Thanks again everyone, I'll keep you posted.
GBS

[ 10-16-2003, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: greenbuttskunk ]

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
Re: Snag ShirtsFISHERMAN\'S Thursday 12-8CANCELED

See ya Thursday at Delta Park Fisherman's!! Can't wait to sport off the new shirt!! :dance:

-jokester

·
Registered
1,524 Posts

Thanks GBS-

Looking forward to picking up my shirt and shaking your hand tonight. :grin:

·
Registered
47 Posts

I picked mine up last week, really nice shirts. high quality, look sweet.

also GBS said he has like 200 extra, is that right Brad? so feel free to buy all you want.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts

Just got mine! You have 45min left tonight run on over and get a couple of these great shirts. If you can't tonight di it Thursday.

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts

This just in... It's working!

Feel free to post - thanks Jennie for your help)

Jennie,
I was pleased to pick up our first batch of dispositions from the district court in Vancouver and find that our court system is taking snagging as a serious matter. We have a bail schedule which suggests that $500.00 is the recommended bail for attempting to snag salmon. Traditionally, that amount is usually reduced at the arraignment. This first-degree gross misdemeanor charge actually carries a maximum sentence of $5000.00 and one year in jail. The court has chosen in these initial cases to fine the defendants the maximum of $5000.00 and suspended $4500.00 of that and the one year in jail "on the condition" that there be no further violations for a period of one year. This sends a strong message.

We are very pleased with these findings and the posture the court has taken on disposing of these cases. I think our court is sensitive to the valuable resources we have in our area and are willing to send that message. The recent press coverage provided by Grant Mcomie and KATU has assisted in our cause. I told you I would pass on the results of our cases and I am happy to report this current news. Even though we are short two officers, we have issued nearly 250 citations in the last 45 days for snagging related activity. This effort toward snagging is unmatched in previous years. Hunting seasons are upon us, but we have still managed to get in some patrols while passing. Tonight we wrote 4 citations at Cedar Creek in the dark on the way home. The problem is still there and we'll stay on it. Thanks for all your support.

Sgt. Rick Webb
WDFW

I think Sgt. Webb deserves a anti snagging shirt for free. Don't you? :smile:
Jen

·
Registered
10,848 Posts

WHOO HOOO...DOWN WITH SNAGGING!!! :dance:

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts

update:

Jennie,
Thanks......but I kicked myself after hitting SEND and not specifically mentioning my Team, Team, Team....I've got 3 WONDERFUL officers that have spent long nights away from home and their families to assist in this cause. They are great officers and take risks in dealing with these characters especially at night. These are the guys deserving of the credit for this emphasis. I just get to help with their bookwork is all. They are the ones to thank. I'm looking forward to filling our two remaining empty positions in Jan.(God willing and our budget holds) and that will be great.

Hang in there
Rick

·
Registered
816 Posts

can't wait to get mine!!!!!!!!. XL long sleeve. ooohyaa. love to see those dirty snaggers get what they deserve :mad:
. any thing we can do to help we should. and with all the info and ideas on this board we should be able to make a difference.

Cartman

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

Great Looking shirts. Stopped by and picked up mine at Fisherman's Marine in Oregon City last night. Great thing to promote non snagging. Worth the trip from Forest Grove.

·
Registered
845 Posts

See you there Thursday
:dance:

MM

·
Registered
123 Posts

Are the shirts only going to be there from 5:30 on tomorrow or will they be there all day, I hate crossing the bridge back home to Vancouver during rush hour.

Also I think those (3) fine officers who spent many nights away from the family to help in this cause deserve a free shirt also,,, how about it.

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts

I put in 100.00 to cover making the shirts, and many others pitched in, also.
We need to SELL some shirts before we can GIVE any more shirts!
We are making NO profit. Just covering costs. Will you please help us do just that? We've got shirts, shirts shirts, and we need to get them distributed!

Come on, guys! Everyone was interested at first, but yet the turnout was not hot the other night.

Let's make Thursday make up for that. Please, please, show up and support the Anti Snagging campaign. Show the world you care!

I think I may show up, too, and I will be wearing mine! :smile:

Jen

[ 10-16-2003, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts

I just got a note from Rubber Hooks. I think he'll be selling shirts all day at Fishermans. Please show up!

Rubber Hooks will be at Fishermans in Delta Park from noon to whenver GreenBS shows up.
TOm AKA Rubber Hooks

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts

Wait a minute! They were STOLEN?
HUH?

Did you ever post your address, for orders?
This is highly suspicious.
I wonder if someone really wants to snag so badly that they stole them? Mad at us for starting this???

Jen

[ 10-16-2003, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts