IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the morning till 11:30 with a friend of mine. Started at a typical Springer hole, deep, a good eddy and current to one side. 2 springer hook-ups drift fishing and one summer steelie on a jig in the first hour and a half. I looked down river and saw fish rolling in some fast water. It was carnage from there. Wading down river, Fishing blades, silver then gold when the sun came out we hooked 14 landing 9 all springers and left by 11:30 with 4 descent springers in the 18 to 22 lb range. When the bite is off it pays to be versitile. When the conditions are right springers can't leave them blades alone.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Why don't you make the river more of a mad house then it already is. I am the Lord of the Springers, and you don't see me reporting all my hook-ups. Low profile, more fish for us.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Muleybuck,
What are you worried about, you only fish one hole anyway and it ain't a secret. As reporting my hook-ups you really think its going to draw more people. There are more reports of how tough the fishing is. The jist of the paragraph was a tip on being versitile and the positive outcome. Something that you should think about doing. Oh ya, your not the lord of the springers get over it! It's all about stamina, not one good day.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Kleancut, I know it's not a secret river, but I guarantee you have not hooked that many springers in a day. I know Buckgtr, we fish together all of the time, and consistantly do that well. I'm just giving a hard time cause I could not go this weekend. So there is nothing to get over.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Originally posted by MuleyBuck:
Why don't you make the river more of a mad house then it already is. I am the Lord of the Springers, and you don't see me reporting all my hook-ups. Low profile, more fish for us.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">MULE- That's mighty sporting of you. "Lord of the Springers", if you'd caught that many, I would think you would like to see a few others enjoy some success as well. Come on, there's only so many you can cram into your freezer, are you THAT GREEDY? How bout showing some sportsman like conduct?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Easy fella's, I'm just giving my buddy a hard time........Don't read to much into it because it does not pertain to you.........you are allowed to fish the South Santiam with the other 10,000 people that already do.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skrimmy,
Relax? Unsportman like conduct? That is is going to far. I have seen Muleybuck hand off fish to others to land, move out of the way so someone else can fish his "spot" and donate bait gear etc. to fellow fisherman he doesn't even know. If that is being greedy and unsportsmanlike let me know.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
since this thread started, i have driven down their from pdx banged four out and driven back to my office in SE pdx. how's that for matrix speed and all.

trust me i am that good, hahaha

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Flotilla for S. Santiam!!

How many ifishers and lurkers can we get in the holes? So far we have 15 boats lined up! Who else is in? Every day this week! Gotta gettem' while it's hot!

The USGS reported an unusual water rise in the Santiam system today, causing some alarm as to the dam. Seems that there was concern of an undiscovered leak in Foster Reservoir.

Upon further investigation it was discovered the water rise was due to boat displacement in the river causing a rise of approximately 6". "I've never seen so many boats in one spot all day" reported Clem Speisel of Sweet Home. "You could walk clean across the river and back anywhere between Foster and the Willamette", Clem reported.

An aerial survey showed a total of 13,246 boats per square mile and bank access averaging "4 deep".

Creel census on Monday showed a total of 7 fish landed for 46,232 rods. One steelhead and the rest chinook.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hey Hogmaster, I believe there already was a South Santiam Flotilla, in fact I am sure of it, cause me, Catch and Eat and Ramstrong won it before even leaving the put in. :grin: :shocked: If you boys and "The Lord of Springers" want another shot at second place, bring it on. :laugh:

[ 05-27-2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Spooled ]

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Muley and Buck, sorry for piling on you. But, for those who don't know you which would probably be about 95% or more here, how were we to know you were just razzing each other? If you meant it to be private, maybe you should have just PM'd each other? Just a thought. I didn't see your last post before I made my remark and didn't see that you were poking fun at each other. Sorry bout that....I'll sneak back off to my corner and take my foot out of my mouth now! :grin:

·
Registered
532 Posts
i heard everyone is headed there--

honestly, a friend of mine over the weekend said

"oh oh the south santiam is hot, we have to get there.bla bla bla" -- i said how do you know.. and well, looks like a local fishing publication opened the zipper--

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes! i think the weekly report, creel count for the n,s rivers is working its bringing everyone to the santiams and leaving the clack to a few select people,(like me) keep on talking them up!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts