This is one I use on Deer, Elk, Tuna, Sturgeon and Chinook

1/3 cup non Iodized salt
2/3 cup Brown surgar
1/3 cup Soy Sauce
1/3 cup Lemon Juice
2 tsp garlic powder
3 tbls White Surgar
1 1/2 tsp A'ccent

soak/brine 8-10 hours, pat dry, pepper to taste, let air dry 1-2 hours and smoke on low heat (110- 120 degree's) until done. Use lot's of smoke (6 pans or more) My favorite is Alder or Hickory.

· Registered
169 Posts
Bought a brand new electric Masterbuilt smoker the other day :meme::meme:
I have a few elk roasts in the freezer and was thinking about smoking one of them. Anyone have a suggestion for a rub? How long at what temp?

Thank you for your help.

· Registered
209 Posts
I need to catch more fish so I can try all of the awsome looking recepies.

Smoked Salmon

1 part white sugar
1 part brown sugar
1 part seasalt
smoked paprika a light shaking on the fish before you put the sugar and salt on it
granulated garlic as heave as you want on the fish before you put the sugar and salt on it
any other flavors you want on the fish before you put the sugar and salt on it

cover the salmon with this mixture, make you you use a tray with sides, the fish will oooze. let sit in the frige for 24 hours, wash fish off, pat dry let sit untill tacky (important). Smoke for two or three pans in a little cheif. then finish in oven untill disired doness. 350 degrees. this is the best recepi that i can make. I'm sure going to try some of the others on this post

· Registered
51 Posts
I smoke mine for 6 hours but I like mine to be pretty dry. I keep mine well below 200. It obviously depends on but of meet. Chinook vs Steelhead. Just watch it and make sure the a
lbumin is not leaking out. That is the white stuff. If it is go 30 mins less next time.

· Registered
53 Posts
To keep them all in one place, please post your smoked fish or "hunt" recipes, here.
Thanks!
I make a salt brine water salted to float a raw egg. Depending on type of fish salmon soak 12 hours, trout no more then 2 hours, same with strikers, sturgeon. After soak I remove either pat-dry or towel dry (my preference). Coat with brown raw sugar until Caramelizes place in smoker for required time and type of fish. Dan Vasquez.

· Registered
267 Posts
Tried a couple of these recipes, they are excellent. However, in preparing the fish and brine, most don't indicate how much fish to use with the brine mixture. Seems rather important to have the right amount of brine for the batch of fish you are preparing. Do you all have a "rule of thumb" when it comes to the amount of salmon that you smoke?

· Registered
218 Posts
To keep them all in one place, please post your smoked fish or "hunt" recipes, here.
Thanks!
Thank you! Jennie lots of great recipes here. Thanks every one! This recipe is to honor my late buddy Tony Perkowski! One of best salmon fisherman in Puget sound (hope your catchin fish in heaven Tony!)
Ok! here goes
1 qt water
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup non Iodized salt
2oz soy sauce
mix and brine fish 12- 24 hours depending on thickness if trout prolly
less time.
It was Tony's recipe best one I've ever tried:flowered::flag2:

· Registered
218 Posts
Thanks!
Thank you! Jennie lots of great recipes here. Thanks every one! This recipe is to honor my late buddy Tony Perkowski! One of best salmon fisherman in Puget sound (hope your catchin fish in heaven Tony!)
Ok! here goes
1 qt water
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup non Iodized salt
2oz soy sauce
mix and brine fish 12- 24 hours depending on thickness if trout prolly
less time.
It was Tony's recipe best one I've ever tried:flowered::flag2:

· Registered
10 Posts
I love the post. As I have seen too many friends and relative leave the beautiful earth too soon, I hope that they had this philosophy about the life that ( in the ifish post) they did enjoy. For me, ifish, ifish,ifish,ifish, that's my final reward.

· Registered
9,604 Posts
We bought one of those dehydrator units for mushrooms and apples. It will crank up to 165 degree. The question is has anyone made salmon jerky on one of these units?

61 - 75 of 75 Posts