IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just smoked some salmon and normally when I do it turns out pretty good, but this time I think I left it in the brine too long and it came out way too salty. The only way I've been able to eat it is on a Ritz cracker with lots of cream cheese to kill some of the saltiness.

My question: how else can I kill some of the saltiness? Am I just going to have to live with it and enjoy it with the cream cheese? (It is good that way, but I like to eat it plain too). :food:
Thanks in advance for any help! :cheers:

· Registered
3,555 Posts
Try using it as ain ingredient in other dishes.

Make a dip of half lo-fat mayo and half sour cream, add in some shaved onion, a dash of dill, and a healthy dose of minced smoked salmon. If you do this in a food processor, add the mayo last because if you overprocess it may separate.

Make a basic white sauce, or your favorite adaptation thereof, add a healthy dash or three of nutmeg, and then lots of flaked smoked salmon. Let this meld while you cook your favorite shape of pasta or some tortellini, then serve with plentiful freshly shredded real parmesan, not that wierd dust in the green can. Invite me for dinner.

Incorporate it into scrambled eggs or omelettes.

:food:

· Registered
373 Posts
Try giving the fish away to your friends that like salty foods and then drink the 12 pack of beer that Hntnfsh suggested you get. This is a sure way to forget that salty mistake.
(Or was it the beer in the first place that made you forget the fish in the brine???)

· Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,289 Posts
Try coating a piece with honey or maple syrup. Let it soak in a bit and taste. It might help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.