IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my wife are on the Atkins diet. I have lost 45 pounds, and my wife 80 in the last 6 months. However I have a bunch of salmon that I would like to smoke for our selves. Does any one have a sugar free recipe for smoking salmon? I do have some Brown sugar substitute. Will that work? Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was on atkins aswell. I lost 40lbs in 3 months. Don't get off it. It is very hard to get back on. As for the brown suger subtitute.... Go for it I'm sure it will work. I smoke a lot of salmon but I have never tried it. Go ahead and just give it a try. :smile:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Eric W, after you try it, please let us know how it turned out. My wife does Atkins, and it would be cool to have another "treat" she could enjoy. Also, what is the name of the brown sugar substitute? Thanks.
Steve

·
Registered
370 Posts
The Luhr Jensen Deluxe Salmon Recipe uses only 0.33 cup of white sugar. In this case you could use Splenda or Equal as a substitute.

The standard recipe produces a great smoked salmon with no hint of sweetness. Thats why I tried and like this recipe. (Atkins 80+ club)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts