IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I went out on the Siuslaw on the 14th but had little luck. Saw one boat with a fish on and talked to a guy gutting two he caught up near the dairy at the bend just above Cushman. There was a fair amount of fish on the finder but nothing biting. I am curious if anyone has heard a report about the fish in the river and what may be a hot set up. Any information is greatly appreciated.

We are going again on the 21st.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There has to be someone on this fine message board that can divulge some informaiton about the river in Florence. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Shinyhog, use a spreader with a 7 foot leader with a swivel in the middle of the leader. Use a 2-3 foot dropper with about 3-4 oz of lead. Use cut plug herring. I brine my herrring or you can buy fresh there. No flasher. Troll with your rods in the rod holder. Don't touch them at the first hit, let the fish take the rod down. Put in at Siuslaw Marina and troll back and forth from the railroad brige (just above the marina) to about 500 yards down river. Fish about 25 feet of water and about 10 pulls. Stay in this area, it gets a little boring seeing the same thing up and back all day, but you will catch fish. Wash your hands with no scent soap or lemon joy before touching your bait. Have fun. :smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information spooled. Will hit it hard all day Sunday. I hope we get into a few fish. My wife has never caught one and I am looking forward to seeing her fight a fish fresh from the big blue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts