IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i usally fish w/ solid tied hooks for herring, but was going to try a slip style. but i dont know how to tie one. would a bobber stop knot tied in 30# mono work :shrug: if not could some one point me in the right direction a picture would be nice thanks Quick Fisher :cheers:

·
Registered
815 Posts
My method is to tie the fixed hook first, then run the leader thru the eye of the second hook. Take a second piece of leader about a foot long, thread it thru the eye. Pull it thru about 4" and bend it back towards the eye forming a loop. You are now pinching three segments of line against the hook. Take the free end and wrap it around the hook about 10 times, thread the end thru the loop and pull both ends tight....works for me

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Tie on the first hook with an egg loop then slide the second down the leader and take a peice of un-waxed dental floss (it wont damage the line like mono will) and tie another egg look on top of the shank and first line.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Thanks for the tip Dave! That's a new one on me, and I think it's just what I'm looking for.

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
dave, Since you specifically call out nonwaxed floss, is tuff line not a good slip knot material. I know mono and braided don't mixed under tension in the water but I have been using tuf as my slip knot.

gus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts