IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Oh man. Those shots aren't fun. I had to have one per month for about 18 months a few years ago. I learned to get the doctor's last appointment in the day, had dinner after and went right to bed. My eye felt much better in the morning.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Good luck and God Bless! I had an eye procedure once, and it wasn't painful but it was awfully uncomfortable. I hope they are able to give you something for that.

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
I hope everything went ok.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quarterly? I'm still doing it monthly, but it seems to be helping.
At one time I was monthly. At my first visit the visual acuity in my left eye was legally blind. Today it was 20/20-2. They have really helped me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Glaucoma? Macular degeneration? Our Realtor at Eagle Crest had to have these quarterly injections as well, but they helped.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glaucoma? Macular degeneration? Our Realtor at Eagle Crest had to have these quarterly injections as well, but they helped.
Macular degeneration. There are two kinds. Wet and dry. I have both. The dry has been stable for twenty years with minimal impact on my vision. No treatment available. When I developed wet AMD, my vision went from 20/20 to 20/200 almost overnight. Thank God since 1985 there is a treatment that is very effective for me. A chemotherapy drug (Avastin) is injected into the eye to slow neovascularization. I have a wonderful Retinologist. She’s beautiful, kind, looks 18, but needs a bigger wall to hang all her Md, Phd, and other certificates on….PLUS I can hardly feel the shot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts