IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sledders,
I have a new 20ft. NorthRiver sled, and I was wondering what the river height and flow needs to be to safely run the river from the mouth up to Barton? Information appreciated.
S

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would look to the flow at estacada to be at around 13'if you want to run to barton. I did it last week and the split right before you come into the drift below barton can be hairy. Going up stay to the right and floor it! when we came back down stream in that area i did scrap the botom on my 16' duck. took a small piece of the intake on the pump off. if you want to do barton put in their and go up stream.

staying in the lower carver area i run it till the level drops below 12'.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
I agree w/ etacada. I personally like @ 13.5' down to 11.5', but my boat runs well even in 4" of water. I would not recommend it below 12.5' if you are new to the river. :wink:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Generally, I don't see many sleds above Carver when the water is running near 12', but there are always a few brave souls.

There are a few areas where you must choose the proper channels when the water gets around 12'3 for a sled to properly navigate up or down river, especially above Carver. Be safe, and keep a lookout for sneaky rocks.

The best advice is to try and go with someone that has tons of experience on the Clack,especially if you've never run this river before. There's nothing too tricky, but it might help to know some of the spots you surely want to avoid.

Good luck with your new toy !
Chris :cool:

[ 04-22-2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: FWF1 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts