IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ran out just before low ebb to beyond the CR buoy and way, way southwest to get into toad silvers and Darrel's first pig king. His went ~28# (lone pic), mine ~22#. The silvers went 8-12#. Had about 12 more nates we released.

Many thanks to Dr Guzman for the excellent pilot skills in his Boulton Seaskiff. What a great boat. Great time. Can't wait to get back out there.

[ 08-17-2003, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Dr Strangelove ]

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Those are some fat fish!

Is it my imagination or are the fish looking a little fatter this year?

edsr

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Particulars? OK.
10-25 lb Xstream 8'6"
25lb maxima off 6500 abu
delta diver/large fish flash, all silver tape
7ft 30lb leader fixed 3/0 front 4/0 back
Fresh cut plug brined herring, tight spirals
Main engine troll speed (?mph 800rpm Yami 115)
Caught fish 20-80 pulls out. Nook at 44 and another somewhere under the boat on retrieve. Silver Toads also deeper than expected, at least the bigger ones.
17 mile return trip, lots of SW drifting from the CR buoy.
Is that details enough? Good luck.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Ya Doc, were those gami or owner hooks in 3 and 4 ot? And were they needle or cutting point if Owner? Black, bronze or red hooks :rolleyes: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Nice looking catch :cheers:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG I completely forgot! Gami's worked in red and silver, and the spoons and dodgers did not. We sure had fun watching the nook virgin fight that fish with a loosey drag. He was bustin a sweat good, and screaming how he didn't want to see color for fear of losing it (the fish, this time). You should have seen him chumming for silvers the day before I prescribed meclizine. Oh what fun.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Congrats on the fish :cheers: :dance: , thanks for the info DR.S

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Doc., nice trip and great fish too. What more could there be? If you drifted that far you should have fished for some long bills while you were there.

Are you going to share any of the particulars, such as how many pulls or bait or flasher info. How much lead were you using. I could not get below the silvers on Saturday.

* Fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts