IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is going on a near week of calm winds, swells are a little big but around the 18th they seem to be manageable.
Will it change in the coming days?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yesterday, would have been a great day on the local waters. Flat calm all day in the bay where would could see. Was anniversary, so was doing nice to wife stuff, not fishing.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I was just at south beach marina today helping to put a 30' boat on a trailer. The ocean looked pretty good. Bar was only breaking at the edges and in the shallows. It was very passable....numerous commercial boats going in & out. And in early afternoon, the wind shifted...sun was out...it was really nice weather! Vs this valley crud.....

·
Premium Member
20,251 Posts
Just the presence of saltwater revives the soul! It always has.
You're on to something there. Just being near the ocean has an effect. Standing on a beach watching the waves break. Banging about the bayfront or hanging around the docks. It all stirs the heart but nothing like being on the sea in a small craft in tune with Mother Nature and King Neptune. Spiritual.

Come on Wednesday!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
For me. one of the very best parts of a day on the pond is crossing the bar headed out in the morning. Often well before daylight, with an entire day of adventure in front of us. There is nothing like it! Damn! I can't wait.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
For me. one of the very best parts of a day on the pond is crossing the bar headed out in the morning. Often well before daylight, with an entire day of adventure in front of us. There is nothing like it! Damn! I can't wait.
To add on that is the sunrise behind you heading out!
Water Sky Water resources Cloud Afterglow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts