IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to either the sky or snohomish with my firend from california. I have been bragging about how great the fishing is up here and now he is coming up and we are going on Sunday. Do you have any tips or anything on what to use for steelhead and coho. I am new to these two species. I haven't caught one yet the many times I been there. I see everyone else catching them but me I need help. :shrug:

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
They're toast, but should be OK by Sunday if the weather holds and continues to cool. Lots of fish in. Parker has it right on the gear, though I'd add orange wiggle warts to the mix if you see holding silvers.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
You probably won't find any steelies yet, so I'd stick with coho or chum. Actually, it's always around this time of year that we do get our first brat while K-15'ing it for dogs or yoyos on the Sky. Funny to see a steelie attack a K-15!

I'd probably float the Sky for either chum or coho. 'dine wrapped K-15's will do the trick.

You could either do Sultan to Ben Howard, or Ben Howard to Lewis St. Or, both, I guess.

If you're bankin' it, and can find some yumpin' yoyo's, pitch some 50/50 #1 Dick Nites at them. Dip one of those in cerise Spike it and the dogs go nuts for them.

I'd pitch a cured prawn with a cerise jig under a float for dogs. Easy stuff.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
Leramos, they both puked yesterday due to a freak rain up in the mountains. The charts show them coming back down, but it'll be tomorrow or saturday before the water clears.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
So, whattaya think, Dawg, tell them on Sunday? :grin:

VM, you and your friend should have plenty of opportunity.

[ 10-31-2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Silver Hilton ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts