IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I are going to be camping at Humbug Mountain State Park all next week, and we're (well, my dad and I :wink: ), are looking for some fishing action. We've heard the Sixes river has some good action to offer, with the half-pounders. Is there a summer steelhead run in that river? I don't mean to tread on anyone's toes, I know the feeling. Some tips such as locations, what's avaliable would help. I've got a ton of gear, and steelhead fishing is my specialty. Are there any other areas around Port Orford to Gold Beach that offer steelhead fishing? Anything else around there, any lakes with some decent rainbows? What about the ocean (from shore)? Perch biting anywhere? I think they're kind of dropping off, aren't they? Any information will be much appreciated. If you'd be willing to share information via e-mail, that would be great, as well.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
No summer steelies in the Sixes, and I believe it is closed to retention of trout right now.. need to check that!
The river is very very very low right now..
If you ar elooking for summers, run down to th Rogue and hit some of the gravel bars on the South side of the river.
Should be decent for steelies Panter Martin and gold/black spinners #2, #3 work for us!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Probably a little further then you want to drive but we slaughtered the perch here in bandon on friday.

d

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by TH:
No summer steelies in the Sixes, and I believe it is closed to retention of trout right now.. need to check that!
The river is very very very low right now..
If you ar elooking for summers, run down to th Rogue and hit some of the gravel bars on the South side of the river.
Should be decent for steelies Panter Martin and gold/black spinners #2, #3 work for us!
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Thanks a ton, TH. I was thinking of the Rouge, but I've never fished it. Now at least I have somewhat of an idea what to do. Why do the regs say the Sixes river is open to steelhead May 24-Dec 31? Odd, don't you think, especially if there are no steelhead in the river?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Lepper:
Probably a little further then you want to drive but we slaughtered the perch here in bandon on friday.

d
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Cool! Good ol' sandshrimp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts