IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Sitka Alaska the first week of August. Anyone have advice on what,where,when and how in regards to fishing the area? Will be staying in the town of Sitka. Any advice appreciated.....

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Nice, ya lucky dog. There will be some really big bruiser halibut available then. Any charter should be able to get you into some nice fish. Coho are the salmon running then, in rivers or coastal, as well as some pinks and chums. But I'd target coho. Could be rainy, so bring some raingear. here's a link to sitka and charters.
Have a blast!
http://www.sitka.com/
GBS

[ 05-09-2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: greenbuttskunk ]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx greenbuttskunk: Do you know if there are any rivers accessible by boat or road that can be fished from the bank? I plan on doing a charter one day for halibut and one day for salmon but then i would like to go on my own somewhere.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Sorry, not sure about the rivers, but I'd bet anything flowing into salt will have some kind of run. Bring some spinners and pink pixie spoons. You might see the web sit and try to track down a bait shop or guidde who can steer you in the right direction.

[ 05-09-2003, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: greenbuttskunk ]

·
Registered
499 Posts
I was talking to Terry Seemster awhile back and I believe he said he was going to Sitka on the 20th of this month. Track him down. He's a great guy and won't steer you wrong.
SPACE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts