IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Governor Browns office announced today that Jim Bittle of Willie Boats will be appointed to the ODFW commission.

Senate confirmation is scheduled for December 18th.

He would be replacing Jason Atkinson representing the 2th congressional district.

He would take his seat at the next commission meeting following confirmation.

GOVERNOR KATE BROWN PRESS RELEASE
NEWS RELEASE

November 21, 2016

Governor Brown Announces Appointees for Senate Confirmation

(Salem, OR) — Governor Kate Brown today submitted to the Oregon Senate a list of state director, board, and commission appointments. The Senate will consider the nominations for approval during December Legislative Days.

"The diverse perspectives and experiences of those willing to serve and committed to improving state government reflects the Oregon way of working together to overcome our challenges and expand opportunities for all who call Oregon home." Governor Kate Brown said.

The full list of nominees is available on line

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Thank you Jim for stepping forward and Gov Brown for the appointment.

jz

·
Registered
14,445 Posts
I have done business with Jim.

He is as fine of a human I have had the pleasure of meeting.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Governor Browns office announced today that Jim Bittle of Willie Boats will be appointed to the ODFW commission.

He would be replacing Jason Atkinson representing the 5th congressional district.
Just curious ~ I thought they were supposed to be based in the district so there's some sort of geographical representation, but Willie is in Central Point while the 5th District is north/central Coast and into the mid-Valley... What am I missing?

Not complaining about the choice, just more of a procedural question

·
Premium Member
22,440 Posts
Just curious ~ I thought they were supposed to be based in the district so there's some sort of geographical representation, but Willie is in Central Point while the 5th District is north/central Coast and into the mid-Valley... What am I missing?

Atkinson (and Bittle) are representing the 2nd district...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Jim Bittle will be a great voice for the sportfishers and hunters. As owner of Willies boats, Jim has a staff of craftsmen building the iconic boats of the Northwest. Many families earn their living under Jim's leadership. Jim has been a board member of NSIA for years, keeping the organization informed about the Southern Oregon fisheries and always a stable voice on issues.

We here at Maxima recognized the great workmanship of Willie boats and the contributions of Jim's work with the industry when we shipped a 26' Nemesis to the Orlando ICAST show this year. We showed the boat at the entrance to the show where 14000 fishing tackle industry people attended. Maxima and Willie boats brought attention of the importance of Cold Water fisheries to the industry. It was a show stopper!

There is lots of work to be done here in Oregon. Maxima thanks Jim for raising his hand to volunteer for the commission. We all have a lot to learn from this and let's all pitch in and do what we can to further our sport.

·
Registered
14,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I apologize for typing a 5 and seeing a 2. Slightly dyslexic.

Yes. The commission is made up of representatives from
Each of the 5 congressional districts plus an east and west side representative to make a 7 member board.

Thanks for catching that

·
Registered
.. / .- .-.. .-- .- -.-- ... / .... .- ...- . / .-. .. --. .... - / -... .- .. - / - --- / --. . - /
3,395 Posts
AH... yes... of course the "token minority" on this "blazing saddles" panel. It's a start. It will be interesting how much traction they allow him.

Stand Tall & Best of Luck... Mr. Bittle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.