IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone know the time frame to expect when sending in waders for repair? I hope they're back before the first rains:pray:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I sent mine in last month. Had them back in 18 days.

My experience with Simms has made me a customer for life. My old Guideweights had pinholes and (I suspected) some leaky seams. I got a call from a young woman at Simms explaining that their techs had looked them over and determined the waders were worn out, and not worth fixing up. I thanked her and asked her to send them back, that I was heading to Alaska in a week.
The waders arrived four days later with a note that said: "Have fun in Alaska. We fixed up your waders. No charge." They had fixed all the pinholes, put new tape on all the seams, and replaced the neoprene boot feet. Wow. They look like I can get a couple more seasons out of them, and they've already got 7 years of use. The next pair will be Simms without a doubt.

Mike

·
Registered
465 Posts
A few years ago I purchased a pair of G3 waders when they were new. I am sure those who know these waders, know they had a bad wrap for their leaky seams. Well after sending a pair back within a year of purchase for seam leaks they send me a new pair. Recently this occuured again, two years after the original purchase. Apparently the seams are not made the same way anymore and I am looking forward to putting them to the test. I received my waders back in 2-3 weeks each time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not certain what your location is, but you might be able to get a quicker turnaround taking them to a local shop who is a SIMMS dealer and letting them process the repair...

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies all....
'weeks' is what I had heard around the block:crazy: but oh well, I can wait.

Brownie,
I'd take them to the local dealer, but The Scarlet Ibis in Corvallis went out of business:(

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I sent my 6 year old Guideweights in for leaky seams, and they were back in 10 days. They replaced the feet free of charge, and re-taped the seams and fixed a few pin holes (probably wild rose bush caused...) for a more than fair price.

I will be a lifetime Simms wader wearer. Their customer service it truly the best!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Eric,

long time no see! I just got mine back on Tuesday... 30 bucks fixed the pin holes, the tear on my but, got new neoprene feet and reinforced the seams! I sent them out on a friday and got them back about 10-11 days later. Very happy.

Yeah it sucks about the Scarlet Ibis but go print a label on their website and you should be in busines within 2 weeks.

Take care

S_B

1 - 7 of 7 Posts