IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just finished a long stretch of work and wanted to know the latest on the Sandy or the Clackamas fishing for silvers before it closes. Any info would begreatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
The hot spot this year for silvers was cedar creek on the sandy. It started about mid sept, peaked about the first week of Oct and I think last weekend was pretty grim, just a few dark stagglers lingering around. At the peak of the season the parking was stacked nearly back to the main road and the guys were shoulder to shoulder at the hatchery hole. Some guys had to wait up to 30 minutes before infiltrating into the hog line. Nearly everyone hiked out of there with at least one fish. Many rods were handed over as some guys gave away bucks while persueing hens.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
A bit late for those early run hatchery fish in oregon.

Martin grab your Washington license if you don't have it already and come on up and we'll catch some lates.

Dan

·
Registered
857 Posts
While many of the fish are dark now, there are still bright fisht to be had on the Sandy. Too bad there are only a couple of more days to fish for Cohos.

·
Registered
508 Posts
limits of bright cohos await u at the cedar creek area on the sandy for 2 more days!!! :smile: :grin:
( just go where the crowds aren't, and u will find fish!)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
DepoeBayDan,

Does your list still have some open spots for people who want to chase Washington silvers?

I read your posts a while back but figured you'd already had your hands full with ifishers.

I can supply myself and an eight-year-old I've been trying to put on a fish for some time now.

K

·
0 Posts
Dan,
JCB has had all of his shots and is house broken.
You'd have a good time fishing with him.
Just make sure he doesn't wear his "lucky tuna fish'n socks" :grin:

[ 10-29-2003, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Keta ]

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm actually still scheduled for that third Hepatitis shot, but I think I'm good to go. :grin:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Avoid the Sandy River. I drove over it late this morning (10/30). It's the color of chocolate milk. And higher than normal. It might be a few days before it's fishable.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked out the Sandy this afternoon and it certainly was off color! No trucks or cars at Dodge Park. That ought to tell you something. :shrug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts