IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read recently on the ODFW website that the ODFW is considering (not approved as of yet)a special season for Coho on/in Siltcoos and Tahkenitch lakes. Upon reading the proposal, it appears that fishing may be allowed in the lakes, but not in the outlets or tributaries. I am not aware of any other lake-fishing for anadromous fish in Oregon. Does anyone have any knowledge of how techniques may need to differ? Has anyone fished these places in the past?
To my knowledge, we have few places (unlike Alaska and Washington) where salmon must pass through a lake on their spawning run. It would be a fascinating thing to see!

Whitey

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
When I lived on Tahkenitch Lake in the late 50s my dad trolled flame orange hot shots. Fish the lake around the outlet arm. I'm sure any type plug would work.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I'm not telling!

Just kidding. Find out what tribs the fish head into. Go to the end of the arms that these tribs run into and troll wiggle warts. Gold/black back, blue/black back and red/black back were the go to colors up until 93 when they closed it. Easy as that.

[ 09-27-2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Ramstrong ]

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
When I lived on Siltcoos about 11 years ago I think the majority of incidental catches were by trout fisherman trolling spinners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts