IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, myself, Buckismunz, and K-Mac are planning on fishing the tidewater Siletz on Monday, 9/1/03, for some early fall chinook. Does anyone know if they are picking up fish there yet around the Coyote Rock area or are we too early? Any tips on what is working? We will be fishing from my 14 foot aluminum boat. Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to e-mail me if you don't want to spread the word to the entire world. Thanks a lot!

-Mike

[ 08-25-2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Big Smizz ]

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
i saw some guys trolling there on friday,, i was actually going to fish there but the nice old guy at siletz bay moorage told me not to waste my time and money.. so i went to newport and the rest is history.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Baitballs are still hangin west of the bridge yet... few seals are waiting in the surf too..

No possitive reports from the three launch's between me and HWY 101. very few fish caught though a 45 was landed Thursday.

Need a bit of rain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We were down at Chinook Bend on the Siletz, Thursday night through Monday morning. We fished every day but did not even get a bite. We were marking a lot of fish, some big ones. While we were there we heard of a few caught but most of the people we talked to said that it is just a little early. It should really pick up in a week or two and then be pretty good through Ocotber. Even though we did not catch any fish, that is a beautiful river, peaceful and relaxing.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Susanbfishin, which boat were you folks in? I had the little wood drifter parked at the launch for a few days...it came unbuttoned after someone flew by at 40 knots sending a monster wake :mad: and I guess someone was kind enough to retrieve it from the middle of the river.
Saturday Willierower and I were in his black willie drifter most of the day, only one bite. Sunday was too windy, and yesterday I trolled the high with my Aluma drifter for a couple hours with no bites either.

Didnt see one IFish sticker...( I dont have one on either boat) but Im sure we all crossed paths at one point or another.

Chinook bend is a nice camp site, could use some trees but its run by some very nice people and attracts the same.

Give it a couple weeks, the fish and the crowds will be here for sure.

Better luck next time kids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts