·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any activity on the siletz? Going over Saturday.:help::help::help:

·
Registered
717 Posts
I was talk to my friend that lives on the river and he said the Crabbing has been ok in the bay, and the only fish he has seen cought is by a couple that are out there every day with Kwik Fish, and one cought rolling herring in the bay. He has tried Everything with a bobber he said. He talked to alot of guys trolling and it has not done much either just what he has said ...

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Your right about the old couple in the blue boat, they had one the other day and another one on and thought it was caught in there anchor rope when it wasn't, he ended up losing it anyway. Nice old couple!! :smash:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Sounds slow. Might scrape the rust of the rifle and hit the coast hills early for deer, then head to the river. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yup, there are pro's that couple they get so many fish but they are out there every day and they have there kwik fish working perfect. My buddy talks to them alot and they fill there tag every year. Rolling Herring in the Bay has been working for some people my buddy said HE HAS NEVER seen that before, so I dunno maybe some people should try it and tell me how it goes. But I don't get how it could work when there are so many sea lions around and things normally they rush to the river to get away from them.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I fished daylight until 4:30, upper tidewater. I didnt see a jumper or roll. Only saw two other boats. One guy saw 1 very dark fish jump. I did get one nice searun (released). It was as dead as I've ever seen. I stopped back by Coyote Rock and checked the board. Three fish on the board from today from the lower river. It sounds like tilly is the go to as of today..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fished today from sun-up till 4:30. Was checked at the dock by ODFW and was told that they counted 110+ boats and as of 4:30, 4 fish. Iworked the upper tidewater and only marked 2 fish and that was pretty much the norm from everyone I talked with....that won't stop me from being there tomorrow.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Fished today from sun-up till 4:30. Was checked at the dock by ODFW and was told that they counted 110+ boats and as of 4:30, 4 fish. Iworked the upper tidewater and only marked 2 fish and that was pretty much the norm from everyone I talked with....that won't stop me from being there tomorrow.
Hate your wife?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Fished Thur - Saturday. Marked less than 20 fish in 3 days.

Caught one 31lb fish.

Only aware of a couple handfulls caught in the total of 3 days.

Saw guides getting skunked. A 1-2 fish day with 5 rods was respectable for guides.

I'll wait a few weeks before returning.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Fished Thur - Saturday. Marked less than 20 fish in 3 days.

Caught one 31lb fish.

Only aware of a couple handfulls caught in the total of 3 days.

Saw guides getting skunked. A 1-2 fish day with 5 rods was respectable for guides.

I'll wait a few weeks before returning.
We were there Saturday, sunup to around 5. Tried it all, qwikfish, trolling herring down low, then spinners all the way above Sunset. Even did the egg thing a bit at tide change. Then trolled all the way back to the bridge. Saw one fish caught on a spinner a mile or so above Chinook Bend and that was it. Not too many boats out there either. The usual hog lines were non existant. ODFW boat that cruises the river said he only heard of five fish for the day, and that was on his way back to the ramp around 4 pm.
Hopefully this week's rain will bring in a bunch of fish.
We did see two other fish get eaten by the pinnepeds.

Scott

·
Registered
257 Posts
Whats the latest on the Siletz? Any reports from people fishing it? I'm hoping to head over this weekend for some fishing and need an update here to help me get through work. Thanks...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Sounds like the whole coastal system is really slow. Fished out of C&D east of Florence. Not much happening there either. We did manage 7 in the boat but were staying at the RV Park. We were among the lucky few.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts