IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to the Slietz in a week to do some fishing with some buddies.We are fishing the lower portion in tidewater from a boat. Has anyone heard if there is anything being caught there. I would appreciate the info. I will give a report back after I fish there.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
I am going to the Slietz in a week to do some fishing with some buddies. Has anyone heard if there is anything being caught there. I would appreciate the info. I will give a report back after I fish there.
Are you fishing from bank or boat? Would you like info on Salmon in tidewater, or Steelhead upriver?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drachir

We are fishing from a boat. We are hoping to catch some Salmon but I will take all the info you can give. Thanks:cheers:

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Usually this time of year, there will be a few Nooks taken each day. The number of fish/boat is pretty bad. Many folks like fishing w/ Kwikies on anchor. Outgoing tide usually provides more current, and is the most productive. Watch the tide tables and look for a big changeover with an early morning outgoing tide. There is a very good early AM incoming on Aug. 11-12 weekend. On the days with a lesser amount of water changeover, then trolling can be good. With the water temps being pretty high right now, trolling spinners would be my choice, on low flow days. The chatruse blade w/ green dot has always been a good spinner on the Siletz. There will also be a lot off folks trolling w/ Herring. For example, Dennis who has the big fish of the season, trolls herring almost exclusively. As the water cools into the early Fall, the number of folks bobber fishing will increase as well. Good Luck.:D

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Usually this time of year, there will be a few Nooks taken each day. The number of fish/boat is pretty bad. Many folks like fishing w/ Kwikies on anchor. Outgoing tide usually provides more current, and is the most productive. Watch the tide tables and look for a big changeover with an early morning outgoing tide. There is a very good early AM incoming on Aug. 11-12 weekend. On the days with a lesser amount of water changeover, then trolling can be good. With the water temps being pretty high right now, trolling spinners would be my choice, on low flow days. The chatruse blade w/ green dot has always been a good spinner on the Siletz. There will also be a lot off folks trolling w/ Herring. For example, Dennis who has the big fish of the season, trolls herring almost exclusively. As the water cools into the early Fall, the number of folks bobber fishing will increase as well. Good Luck.:D
Drachir, the Coyote Rock website shows a large fish of 31lbs. Do you know anything about that? Grant

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Hi Grant,

I saw that 31# Nook too.:applause: The guy who caught it I have seen on the river many times. I've talked to him as well, and he told me he fishes nearly exclusively w/ plug cut herring. He seems to catch his fair share, so I guess there's something to be said for plug cut herring on the Siletz. When I troll on the Siletz, I'm usually pulling spinners, might have to broaden my horizons.

When do you start fishing the Siletz Grant? PM if you would like, looking forward to hearing from you.:D

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I decided to go for a boat ride yeasterday....so I rolled out the sack at 3am hooked up to the boat, met another buddy of mine from Idaho who just happened to be at my house a 4am, and decided to go the the Siletz !

Great place for a boat ride ! I grabbed 6 of my favorite rods, a net, some herring, some Kfish, I was thinking if I'm going to be on the Siletz, I might as well fish too.

There happened to be about 8 other guys that thought the same as I, they were there too with their boats.

Had the boat in the water and lines in fishin by 6am.....I saw several pinnipedes working the water over.....and thought....thats a good sign ! They would not be here unless there were a few fish to be had !

Well the boat ride was alot of fun, great day on the water with my buddy and my dog. It looked like everyone else also had a great boat ride.

The water was probably a little to warm, 66-68 degrees, and maybe just a little bit early to turn or boat ride into a fishing trip :passout: Fun day, acouple of weeks sould make a big difference for turning a boat ride into a :smash: fest !

I did score on acouple of new Kfish at the Coyote Rock store from Ed, "dragonfly" chartruse, the first I have ever seen in person.

See you there !

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
RodAction,

Sounds like you had a fun day, and learned some about the Siletz as well, That's Great!! :applause:
Ed @ Coyote Rock is an awesome guy.:cheers::applause:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to out to the Siletz the other day. All I can say is that I had a good time with some good friends. We didnt catch a fish but had a good time. There was only one boat that landed a fish. We were trolling with herring and later in the day we pulled anchor and tried some kwikfish. well if anyone has been up there and had any luck let me know. We will be tring are luck again later this month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts