IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ill be down on the siletz on the 17 18 19. i no they fish bobbers and troll, ill be trolling most of the time, how do they do it? do they do pulls like they do in the big c? any help would be nice thanks guys. pms are welcome to.

· Registered
823 Posts
We troll Herring, at least blue label, purple if you can find them, cut'um, using 2 or 3 ozs freespool to bottom, let it bounce once, feel the 2nd, reel up a crank and hang on. Watch your depth as you will have to adjust from time to time. I do the same with spinners, works for me.

· Registered
5,148 Posts
There are also a lot of people who anchor with KwikFish. Watch the folks who are on anchor to learn some of the productive areas. Look at the tide tables for a good running tide and this will be the best time to anchor w/ Kwikies. Good Luck.:grin:

· Registered
441 Posts
I recomend spinners, talk to Rob at "Jacks Tackle" for good patterns. or troll purple or red mag warts, both produce cardiac arrest inducing strikes but sometimes spinners get slack bit making things a little more difficult if your not holding your rod. Have fun tough, the Siletz is my favorite coastal river hands down because Ive never been skunked there (knock on wood:blush:) and it is where I finally caught my first 30#+ king, however my brother-in-law beat me to it just 2 hours prior:sick::mad:. oh well, cant complain about taking home twin 30's.:smash::smash:

· Registered
226 Posts
Just a suggestion - trolling is very effective but so is bobber fishing down below - near Coyote Rock. The Ammermen group, along with Grant Scheele are unbelievable in tidewater technique. I am sure that Grant would be happy to give you some advice - taking a trip with one of those guys would cut serious time off the learning curve. Good Luck.

· Registered
629 Posts
Lotta good comments here.

I had 2 groups of friends in town last week mostly concentrating on the lower Siletz. 1 fish for one weeks effort and no fish for 2 days effort. We have good numbers of fish returning to the trap (steelhead and some chinook). The current focus in on Moonshine and up which is closed to vehicles during the week.

Good luck - you'll need it!

· Registered
121 Posts
Lotta good comments here.

I had 2 groups of friends in town last week mostly concentrating on the lower Siletz. 1 fish for one weeks effort and no fish for 2 days effort. We have good numbers of fish returning to the trap (steelhead and some chinook). The current focus in on Moonshine and up which is closed to vehicles during the week.

Good luck - you'll need it!
Hopefully the focus isn't for Chinook from Moonshine up. It is closed for Chinook above Moonshine Park all year. This was done to limit the snagging of fall fish. Steelhead fish all you want, but don't target Chinook.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.