IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
31 crabs for 2 hours in the Siletz bay today. The tides are late (low is around noon)so dress warm and go get some crab.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
That's my favorite bay to crab! No crowds! Watch the sandbars going out to the lower bay.

You can troll the mouth area also for incoming salmon, but horse them in, or a sea lion will get it. Heard of a couple guys about 4 years ago trolled the mouth area, and really slammed the salmon. Bad thing was the sea lions slammed the salmon on their hooks, and the guys came home with zero. I'm not sure how many were hooked, but I heard many. The guy at the marina by the 101 bridge told me this story a couple years ago. I've tried trolling down there once, but didn't get any bites.

SKP

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
There's always at least a dozen sea lions lying on the spit at the bar, and at least that many in the water. You don't stand a chance with that kind of competition. :mad:

·
Banned
32 Posts
Here we go,damn sea lions,i was reading the answers about the guys charged with killing sea lions,,there ARE TO MANY of them..Dont tell me its normal...Don

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have made 3 trips this fall to fish the tidewater on the Siletz, of which one was a guided trip, with Jack Glass (AWESOME GUIDE!!!). However, to get my wife to go the crabing is what gets her up and ready to go. But I have been fearfull of going to far past 101 bridge due to the sand bars. Where are the crab in this system, my wife last week while bobber fishing by Chinook Bend, (with her bobber miss adjusted) hooked as crab. I see lots of pots around the 101 bridge, but watching the retrieve of these pot they all look empty. The water just shy of the bridge by the 2 inlets to the homes is 6-12 feet depending on tide, and looks like one must know the bay. So heres my pitch, I'm willing to share some tips showing my Johnday Steelhead fishing tricks and a "follow me" trip on the Johnday for some Siletz Bay Crabing help. Since I will be hitting the Johnday now thuough December. ------ Any one???

No need to post here can email me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts