IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went over today and managed to get one real bright hen for my fishing partner Jerry, went right at 25lbs and chrome

I also got into the act with this bad boy that is not as bright but just as fun to catch. Here are the goods not to bad and we got off the water just in time to avoid the monsoon that hit on the way home :dance:

By the way it is the Siletz in case you are wondering.

Tim

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Nice job brother...

You trollers... :sleep: :shocked: :bowdown:

I guess I'll just throw all that bobber stuff into the river... :hoboy:

NOT!!! :laugh:

Now you only have one thing to snivel about this week. I mean Sunday when the Steelers roll over dem Lambs... :dance:

Krue

Krue

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Krue sounds like you need a wake up call, both for tomorrow and this Sunday cuss them lambs are going to melt some steel this weekend.

Tim

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Crambone,

The youngest got this 22 lber bobber fishing a bit upriver from where you guys were fishing.

I got a really nice 15 lb Coho that we released, on spinner.

Eldest lost a nice Chinook on a spinner.

That was on Sunday the 20th.

Brion

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brion
Last week took my son over for his birthday and he got a chrome 27lb hen on bobber and shrimp+egg.
Next day we hooked 5 and landed 3, two of which were coho, one real nice buck somewhere in the mid teens and mine was a ten ish or so. I did get a 19lb buck that was bright as a silver dollar :dance:

ah there he is :grin:
Tim

P.S. going back in the morning so I will post again tomorrow.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I know there is some campgrounds along the Siletz, but I haven't been down there for 20 years. My wife and I are interested in staying the night, (preferably on the boat). Is there an opportunity to leave the boat in the water overnight and do so? What is the names of the campgrounds down there for contact reason? Is the fishing going to hold up over the next few weeks, and is there any crabing in the bay? I would also like to know about the bay and lower Siletz. If anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated. If you dont want to post information, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks again, Daryl

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
River Kid,

The first time I fished the Siletz but there were a bunch of camp grounds/RV parks along the river.

All had docks with boats moored.

Maybe call Lincoln City Chamber of Commerce and see who/what they list.

A lot of motels etc. in Lincoln City.

From what I understand, the Siletz should be good for the next couple of weeks.

Brion

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok we went back today to the Siletz and it was dead :whazzup: Saw 1 fish caught and that is all, I think that the rain yesterday made them scoot up towards the fresh water?? Nice day on the river though. On the way home I decided to stop by the Natural gas tank in Newport and see if anyone was tossing blue foxes at them fish there. There were a couple of guy's fishing but said that it was slow and someone had caught one chinook earlier in the day. So I tied on my spinner and after about 5 casts boom fish on!!!!
A real feisty coho that was about 8-10 lbs :dance:

Then Jerry hooked this one a few cast's later and saved the day.

[ 10-23-2003, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Crambone ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts