IFish Fishing Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Tiny flowers on Sand Island’s moss, amongst many huge Columbia Whitetail deer tracks.

Trilliums are enjoying a total second wave since the snowfall. Never seen so many, so late.

Tulips (generally the earliest flowers) are still going strong. Spring is delayed for sure.

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Hail a couple days ago, temps just 35 F.

Sun setting beams

·
Registered
13,735 Posts
Took a little cigar walk this evening
Flower Plant Pollinator Insect Petal

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
More blossoms every day but I’m not seeing or hearing so many pollinators out there doing their jobs yet.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
More blossoms every day but I’m not seeing or hearing so many pollinators out there doing their jobs yet.
We had a swarm outside my house today. I missed all the fun due to me being at work, but the neighbor called a bee guy to collect them up. My future entomologist son was fascinated with the whole process. If you watched that video I sent you earlier last week, you would see there's no shortage of buzzy bees. At least around my house.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Things are a bit stalled-out seeming from the low temps and lack of sun... but it’s going to POP here shortly!

Need a stretch of dry weather so I can till my dang garden... but of a crises at this late date, but it’s WET out there and we have clay soils.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I caught a young maple at the exact moment it was leafing out a couple weeks ago... just stunningly pretty.

Plant Branch Tree Terrestrial plant Trunk

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Just emerging red oak leaves (these will be large).

Regarding the troll. Not all trolls are scary. Did you ever consider that they might actually Prefer the cold wet environment under the bridge? That that is where they are most comfortable? But sure, they can spy, and pounce too.

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·

Trilliums still going strong on their second, post snowfall emergence.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Relocated this little oak, complete with acorn.

When we first bought this land, over 30 years ago, I was clearing an area where my shop now is... I had the machete back for the next swing at whatever gawd-awful mess I was attacking, and went whoa, that’s a little OAK! The “trunk“ was about as big around as my finger and it was maybe 3’ tall. It’s a pretty dang substantial tree now! We have both white and black oak on the place, mainly white.
Hand Plant Botany Terrestrial plant Finger

Reactions: ccw

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Bleeding hearts

A large cherry tree came down from the 16” snowfall we had in April. I’ve since cut it up and rolled the logs out of the way. The tip top sticks litter the ground still, five weeks later. I looked closer, and noticed the tiny cherry blossoms were all blooming…. From twigs! These were viable flowers. This “dead tree” was still providing its pollen to mingle with others, via bees and still reproducing. Amazing

Salal:

81 - 100 of 103 Posts