IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It’s nice the 30F nights are finally a thing of the past... and the flowers and trees have responded. Share your pics.

Trilliums (start out white, then turn purple)

Skunk Cabbage

Red Currant

Bleeding Hearts

Apple

Camellia

Candy Tuft & Azaleas

And more stuff

CW

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
This particular tree frog was very loud, he was ribitting inside the cone and it really did amplify it. Another sign of spring for me is replacing the rusty "marine" components on the salty boat trying to get it ready for the summer season.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Love this! Another early spring blossom is the native Indian plum. I'll try to get a picture although its a pretty gray day so far on the coast so the background might be lacking.

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We drove up to the Lower Lewis River Falls for a hike up to the middle and upper Lewis River Falls. Lots of water, sun, cool breeze and clear water rushing. Huge trees.

CW

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Great pics guys, it's definitely spring down here too. I'm surrounded by family farms that are U pick, fruit stand, and the larger produce operations. I saw the first of the Cherry farms open its gates Saturday, the rest will follow this week I'm sure. The thousands of city dweller invasion is about to begin, these small county roads here make for great entertainment with car load after car load jammed up, most not having some common sense about parking in dirt field or getting off on the shoulder with their low ground clearance imports. Sort of like just sitting back at a popular boat ramp when all the Wake Boat guys try to launch,,,gregg

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lilac and apple:

Hiked Leadbetter Point yesterday - beautiful forest of Pacific Myrtle, grasses and beach on the north end of Long Beach Peninsula. Many plump snowy plovers. The trail had some wet spots we had to wade mid calf deep. Next time we’ll have spare shoes and socks in the car. Easy, beautiful, clean, remote uncrowded.

Willipa Bay is spacious, quiet and remote.

CW

1 - 20 of 104 Posts