IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO - I'm not starting a pole or debate! Second, this is not intended as an advertisement for Sigler's or Thunder Jet.

I just want some other people's thoughts if they've been out to the sale as well. You can post your endorsements or gripes publicly or you can privately email me your experiences with Sigler's or T-Jet. Thanks. [email protected]

So yesterday I stopped by the 'Blow Out Sale' and was fairly impressed with what I saw.

The first thing was how many boats were sold. Oh my gosh. Lots!

Second was the combo package pricing plus the T Jet sure looks better to me than it did just a couple years ago. Maybe I'm just looking a little closely, but man they sure looked nice as far as the finish quality. Them beam and room for an 18-19 footer was very nice.

Thoughts?

Joby

[ 09-23-2003, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Redbull ]

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
I have not done business with Siglers, so I cannot comment there.

Thunder Jet has been in business for a long time. It is a very competitive business. What does that tell you about their product?

For what it is worth( and unsolicited advice is usually pretty cheap), if you are looking at new, I would think you can get a very reliable rig for a lot less than new price if you bought used.

New is cool and all that. But unless you are ordering something rather custom, there are lots of used boats in the world.

My 2 cents.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bought my new Thunder Jet there in May--Real happy with the boat and the people were really good to work with. Lots of boat for the money.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Key work is lots of boat for the money! I love mine.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Bought my Thunder Jet 6 weeks ago and am very happy with it so far. I am very impressed with the workmanship and quality. Still learning what its limits are...had it in some pretty rough water and it handles great!
Good luck
RD

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I bought my Rogue Marine from Siglers. I like the owner and he knows he is priced good so he might have a little wiggle room. I was torn between the Thunder Jet and Rogue Marine, but ended up the the Rogue cause it was 3k less with the same sportjet. I would not be afraid to buy these new cause you are paying way less than a Northriver, but when and if you sell you prob will get less. But it is nice to be the first owner and you know it was taken care of.

·
Ray S.
900 Posts
Mike Sigler and his boys are straight up good people. I have done business with them in the past and would go back again.
Ray s.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought my Thunderjet Luxor in June. So far I'm very pleased with the boat and the people at Siglers. Had some extras added and they got everything done in one day.I was impressed. Good luck making your decision. Netter

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought my North River from Sigler's when they carried this brand. Right after I bought it, they and North River had a falling out. Sigler basically just walked away from North River and said you're on your own. I love the boat and North River has been great to deal with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i bought my t jet last year during the sale. I got everything i wanted except the rocket launcer pole holders and the rear transom box. Sigler's employees are good people...very helpful and customer oriented.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Redbull,
I think you should buy that boat you found for me on ebay, then invite me out all the time. Better get all the "passes" you can buddy, with junior coming soon, it will be westwing re-runs instead of salmon runs. :grin:
GBS

·
Registered
529 Posts
After looking over everything at the boat show in early 2000, I ordered my Duckworth jet through Sigler's (when Nasdaq winnings were raining all over us - great time to cash in some Intel and Microsoft for a toy in hindsight). They beat all other Washington and Oregon dealer prices at the time, and their followup service was great. I'd go back again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts