IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a place near Swift Reservoir where we can go sight in our rifles. Does anyone know of a good location? WE will be at the east end of the Reservoir.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There is a huge rock pit up stream of Swift not to far. 46 05.598 N, 121 56. 949 W. Can't remember the rd # off hand but you can find it on Maptech or one of the others.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Carefull up there guys ... there's a lot of weekend campers using that spot and right around there for their over night camps. It amazes me but on the weekends now you can be pretty sure there's going to be someone in there with their kids.

The gated off rock pit that you'll see on the right on the way up is privately owned and new cabins and folks are behind it. DO NOT GO IN THERE.

I used to sight in at both of those places because we have a cabin near swift.

I don't even bother anymore ... go to Clark rifles and save yourself the frustration. Really.

What was once a neat deal is no more.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Yeah, a lot of the area up there just past the 25 intersection is all privately owned. No shooting allowed.

There is another road just past Northwoods on the 90 also, but it is private as well I found out.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Not too many places that are easy to describe.....I have found a few safe places down the 10 road. Drive in a mile or so set up off the road and shoot into one of the canyons with a good back drop and you should be fine.
The gravel pit near pine creek worked well but I'm sure it's closed off. Feel free to PM if you need better info.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Not too many places that are easy to describe.....I have found a few safe places down the 10 road. Drive in a mile or so set up off the road and shoot into one of the canyons with a good back drop and you should be fine.
The gravel pit near pine creek worked well but I'm sure it's closed off. Feel free to PM if you need better info.
The 10 road is gated closed. If it's open when you show up and drive in there, be aware that there is a good chance it will be locked when you drive out. It's behind our cabins. There are apparantly a few people that have a copy of the key and run in and out on ATVs. If you go in there ... good luck on the way out, you will be stuck.

Pine Creek is absolutely closed off and citations have been given to people that walk in and shoot anyway.

That area is just not a good area to sight in a gun anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts