IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a place between Longview and Deep River where you can buy sand shrimp? I've got smelt but would like to have some sand shrimp if they're available. Thanks. :whazzup:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
You could try Bakers corner or try Bobs, they have an early bait window.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alas, I'm not familiar with Baker's Corner. I think Bob's is a sporting goods store in Longview. I might be able to find that. Is Bakers Corner along the highway somewhere? Near Cathlamet or Skamokawa? :whazzup:

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
The 76 Station on 32nd and Ocean Beach Hwy in Longview has fresh shrimp sometimes too. FYI...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The 76 station always has shrimp, but sometimes not sturgeon shrimp. (Bigger Shrimp) Plus they are open when Bakers is usually closed at O' dark thirty. LOL

Green Machine

·
Registered
501 Posts
Up-4-Air,

Bakers Corner is closed for a major remodel right now. If you can't get them at the 76 station, there are a couple quicky marts in Cathlamet that sell bait, and Eva usually has them at the Deep River ramp.

love2fish

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Bakers corner is open now but don't have the gas pumps in, don't know if they are going to???? They have a little better price on herring than some of the other stores in the area, at least for green label they did. There may be some shrimp to be had at either Lees Hiway Mart in Cathlamet or the Chevron? station just down the road on the left. You can also get shrimp at the launch fee shack going to the Deep River Launch, just bring plenty of dollars, a little spendy in my opinion. Manchesters in Longview has shrimp, first three cartons at .99 each, they may be a little small, just look through them and you may be OK. :cheers:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FYI. I called D & G Bait for info on where they deliver. They don't go to Cathlamet or Skamokawa. Some other bait company must go there. In Longview D & G deliver to Bob's, the Texaco by Fred Meyer on Beachway, Tesaro by Holt's Market, Texaco in Castle Rock, Texaco in Woodland, and GI Joe on Mill Plain in Vancouver. I hope I copied the Longview information down correctly since I'm not familiar with Longview. Some other company must deliver to the 76 station. Hopefully after my first Deep River trip tomorrow I'll have the bait situation and the Deep River area figured out. At least partially.

Thanks for your input. :smile:

·
Registered
270 Posts
If your going to deep river you can just buy them form the folks where you pay for your launch tickets, they have all the good bait, if needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts