IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anchored below the mouth of the Clack for about 2 hours this afternoon.

Used Prawn spinners to no avail. There were about half a dozen other boats in the near vicinity which also had no action in this timeframe.

Thank goodness my boat has a fisherman's top as there were a couple very nasty downpours and hail.

Anyone else get out today? If so, let's hear about it.

Mike

·
Tuna! AKA Papermaker
3,157 Posts
Not out today but have many eyes at work. They report nothing caught at falls from 4pm to dark. :depressed:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
A top would have been nice today!

Trolled from St. Johns bridge to Brown's landing and only saw 2 caught and heard of a half dozen others caught. The Willamete and the Channel looked great, except for the lack of fish.

Maybe next time?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
blacktail,

We trolled Hawthorne Bridge and then West Linn and then Oregon City...saw two fish caught.

One right below Meldrum Bar in deep water, about 40 feet.

Another one by Terry Mulkay(sp?) right below the mouth of the Clackamas.

Brion

·
Registered
371 Posts
Trolled the willy today from sell wood up to meldrum got caught in a nasty hail storm and the thunder and lightning hit saw no one catch anything more than a cold and i had 4 take downs but...... nothing swallowed the hook well maybe tomorrow be a better day for everyone out there....

·
Registered
702 Posts
Trolled the head of Multnomah channel early and picked up about a 8 pound fish.A guy went by and yelled I better head in and buy a lottery ticket! :grin: Only saw one other keeper caught .

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Wind River too windy, no bite :hoboy:
Willamette at Garbage Hole nothing but rain :hoboy:
Clackamas mouth to Riverside - Thunder lightening and body pounding hail :hoboy:
Bulkhead to Meldrum, more wind and rain :hoboy:

ALL IN THE SAME DAY!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,978 Posts
Fished the channel today. Vermin crackered off a little keeper boatside. Thats all we could muster without the big engine running :mad: .

thank goodness for 8 hp Mercs.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Fished the head of the channel today. Talking to this guy, we will call him Johnny come lately. Picks up a nice chrome springer not ten minutes in the water :mad: Seems to always to happen.

Tight Lines all SM

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Hate to admit it (kinda) :wink: we went 5 for 6 on Saturday in the Clack. Lost one at the boat-let 2 beatiful natives go and got to take home 3 from 15-20 pounds

True story--we pounded the water though! I met my buddy @ 2:45am

Crayfin

·
Registered
366 Posts
Fished the Sellwood area in the morning on Saturday. Only managed a jack near the bridge. Went up to the Waverly area and caught the fish pictured below.
Green tipped gold blade, green beads, as a prawn spinner. Was marking my tag when the rain/hail hit. Only one other fish seen. Water temp has cooled some from mid-week.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Went out today about 5:00 pm and managed 1 nice little 8 pounder.Didn't see anything else.. :shrug:

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
****** is right...go shad fishin'!! :wink:

We had 2 drive bys, lost 1 half way to the boat :mad: landed a 21# er (39 1/4" long!!) and a got 36" Sturgy in 5 hours anchored above Scapoose bay. All on wrapped Kwikfish, 18' of water.
The guy who lets me duck hunt on his land got the keeper...gotta love brownie points!! :grin:

·
Registered
17,215 Posts
The full moon was Friday, now that its past, the fishing should improve.

Saturday evening we got an 15#'er and missed another.

Sunday AM seemed pretty dead - except for TALONs, and one nibble for us.

We went back out Sunday evening, and on the first pass my passenger LuckyLarry got a nice 20#'er. Not only was it a hard fighting fish, but simultaneously we had the Tidewater gravel barge forcing us to the right bank while a good size log came bobbing right down on us from above. Motoring back and forth, away from the barge and then back out away from the log made for good sport.

As noted above, there are no fish in the Channel. But if there were, both evenings they would have been caught at 6:30, on plugcut bluelabel, fished 2' off the bottom.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
the weather finaly reached a temp that was acceptable for my good luck charm to venture out onto the water... and like clock work - 35 minutes into it she bonks a nice 8 lbr.

This was Sunday afternoon out from the mouth of the clack on a prawn-n-glo. Didn't see anything else but shad caught from 4 till 8pm

wet

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
I know you have all been waiting for my report so here goes.

Saturday, went to the beach cabin and cut the lawn. Looks like its a keeper now. :hoboy: Beautiful dry weather and worked in the yard in a T-shirt. :cool: Drove back home only to find hail, rain, wind and so on.

Sunday, Church which was great! Early service rocks because then you have the rest of the day for fun or work. Mowed the lawn, trimed the weeds and decided it was time for my youngest to learn to ride a bike.

Now Daylin is 3.75 years old but very tall for his age. He has been admiring his 11 year old brother riding his bike so he has been asking for one. So I got His brother/sisters 1st bike out of mothballs and put the training wheels on it. That little sucker hopped right on it and away he went. Crashed 3 or 4 times but he really has it down now. :grin: Dang kids just grow up too fast.

Oh the fishing report! Sorry, did'nt even wet a line. Not even upset about it either. I need to see a doctor, something must be wrong. :shrug:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Right On Red

Didn't even recognize you in that picture. We were out in the new North River on Sunday. Fantastic day but no fish. We are heading out tomorrow evening towards the falls - if your out there look us up.

WLW

1 - 19 of 19 Posts