IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what this is about?
Someone once told me this meant that a person can buy drugs at that location.
If that is the case every block near Hawthorne has a house selling drugs. :bigshock:

· Registered
3,859 Posts
I was told that the police dept would put the shoes there to let other personal know where to look and watch, I really don't know but it sounds like it's bogus, why, and when do the police have the time, and you would think someone would call in and complain.
If what has been said, in the above post, may be true up in Seattle, but here, I have seen the shoes on the power lines, but I thought it was a prank. Away to get rid of some smelly worn out snickers.

· Registered
6,719 Posts
Just east of John Day on Hwy 26 there's a big juniper tree on the edge of the road decorated with about 100 pair of shoe's and boot's!

Dang druggies!

· Banned
19,821 Posts
The real reason they are there is this. When someone gets really drunk, they can just look up, if they see shoes hanging from the wires, they are in Southeast Portland.
Kind of a navigational aid for drunks, helps them get home safe.

salmon hugger

· Registered
1,749 Posts
It does not really signify anything. They were all over the place in Santa Barbara when I was in college. Be assured that there were no gangs there, much less anyone wanting to advertise about selling any dope! :smile:

That would be like putting a sign on your door with a large pot leaf and $$$ symbols. :smile:

Shoes tied together make for something that can be easily wrapped around something like a tele line. At least, that would be my impression. Motives? Most likely bored kids. :smile:

· Registered
283 Posts
Just east of John Day on Hwy 26 there's a big juniper tree on the edge of the road decorated with about 100 pair of shoe's and boot's!

Dang druggies!
I saw a big juniper full of shoes between Prineville and John Day on Hwy. 26, just as you are coming down on the east side of the Ochoco's. I was thinking that there were some questionable looking drug houses in that neighborhood. :laugh:

· Registered
1,205 Posts
I have been told that the cops mark the lines in front of suspected or suspicious activity at that perticular location....
But who knows for sure as everyone says something different......

· Registered
620 Posts
you would think with all the money the druggies earned stealing my tackle box 2 years ago, they could afford billboards to mark territories, not stinky shoes.

:twocents:

· Registered
1,445 Posts
The real reason they are there is this. When someone gets really drunk, they can just look up, if they see shoes hanging from the wires, they are in Southeast Portland.
Kind of a navigational aid for drunks, helps them get home safe.
salmon hugger
:bigshock: HEY!!!! I ressemmblel taht reemarc :cheers:

· Registered
1,445 Posts
Oh, and one uther thung, jus cus thar ar moor strip clubs per capita in se portland than anywer els, no needs to git nastee :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

· Registered
5,354 Posts
I don't know about here but in Idaho some kids had their shoes taken and thrown over the power lines. Especially at the beggining of the new year around the high school.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.