IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there ever been to a place in BC. called Shearwater Resort. It is in between Port Hardy and Prince Rupert in the inside passage I'm thinking about giving it a try this summer for three or four weeks. If you have been there I would like to hear about it.
Thanks.........Big Dave.

·
Registered
3 Posts
6 of us fished there 3 weeks ago for 5 days and I can tell you that it is some fine fishing. We all went home with our limits of 8 fish each. We caught only a few kings but the silver fishing was nuts. Silvers on top water cut plugs.... what a rush. None of us kept fish under 15lbs. with alot of them runnig 17 - 18 lbs. Word from the wise bring your own rod and reel, I did. The stuff we were going to use was pretty wore out. And no matter what the guides say just tell them to point you where the fish are at, and go fish. No need to follow the guides around there is good fishing all over. It's a 45 min. boat ride out to the outside but it's well worth it for kings and the bigger silvers. The boats are 17' glass with 50 hp Honda 4 strokes, and fish real well. I caught 50+ fish in 5 days plus butt's and big yelloweye. Food is excellent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts