IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is with the sharks? Are there normally alot caught out in the ocean by the buoy? I usually fish at buoy 10, but we went out in the ocean a couple of times this week. We lost two good size sharks, saw a small one caught, and saw a guy cleaning about a five footer at the hammond marina. Are they good to eat? Caught one chinook and a lot of silvers. There was about a 3 to 1 ration nates to hatcheries on the coho. Sharks are hard on the divers, had to go buy a couplke more.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
There is always some Blue sharks around our ports, when the water temp. gets above 55-60 you will start to see a lot more sharks. On a recent Tuna trip, I could not look in any direction and not see a shark. Mostly Blues but we did see a 11-12 footer (Mako??)

I have heard that the blues are not worth the effort for eating, but Marie from Tillimook Bait just smoked some up and said it was pretty good. Just be careful bringing one of those guys on board, they are generally not to happy about being lifted out of the water...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Shark is very tasty. The only problem with them is they tend to be full of mercury. Eating a little isn't bad but too much is not good for you.

Cartman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts