IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the "Boat Limits" post, it just solidified my beliefs about charter boats and others allowing certain people with the "hot" pole to catch the limit for the whole boat. At least in Washington this is illegal. We were ticketed for having one person catching all the fish and no one else catching anything. I can understand when your on a charter boat and you pay to catch your own fish and don't get to, but if your in a private boat what is the difference? The meat is all going home with the same peole anyway. From experience, this is looked down upon by the state. Totally Ridiculous! The fish are all being tagged and no limits are being broken so who cares. Let people catch their limit of fish and go home. Just goes to show that some laws the state passes are not always the best.
Just my thoughts. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
the way i understand it you can keep the poles in the water but the person who has not limited has to reel in the fish
just the way i understand the law to read

norm
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It IS wrote that way. What I was just saying is like if, if someone reels in say 2 fish instead of one while fishing, what difference would it make as long as the limit was not being exceeded and all of the fish were being tagged. Just like if you are catching keepers and your friend in another boat next to you is catching shakers and you offer him a keeper, it is illegal if he takes it and tags it. IF it is tagged on the card, what would it matter? Just my opinion. I actually heard of someone being offered a fish and took it. Someone in the hogline called the police and the warden came and wrote them tickets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts