IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Anchor in current, light gear is the most fun. 3' dropper 3-4' leader with a small dick night on the end. This weekend gold/silver was the hot one, but there are as many diffrent colors and shad lures as fishermen. I like to hold the rod and set each bump, they are just mouthing the lure. They are fun to catch, if you want to go some time just drop me an email.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I am not syaing that I'm a pro at this but this is the set up that we have been lucky with.
14-16 feet of water
18-24" dropper
2-3' leader
smallest dick nite, gold or silver with hot pink or neon green on half

throw out as many poles as you have kids (that you can handle without tangling)
My buddy and I would set everything up, set the hook, and hand them over to the kids so veryone has a turn.
Usually, my younger kids would get tired of it and just want to play. My oldest would take over reeling them in until him arms hurt!
Now that is my kind of fun. :dance:

·
Registered
499 Posts
The Shad are definitely here. I fish the Garbage hole again today. Caught about 50 or 60 between 9:30 to dusk. Red little triple teaser or red dick nite till 1:00. Then the bite switched to green dick nites or hooks with green grubs on them. Also used the old stand by. Gold flicker spinner. Worked like a champ today. Use a 18" dropper with a 4 or 5 foot lure line. Look for other boats catching them in the Oregon City area just below the 205 bridge across from the Park. If you aren't catching fish then try a different color. If that doesn't work then move because your not in the slot. It can work that way. One side of the boat will be slaying them and the other side won't even though you're using the same thing. Sheer over. That sometimes helps in that case. Mainly just look for other boats that are hooking up. My three six year old boys had a blast. Dad were slaying em they kept saying. Bent rods to you and yours. SPACE

P.S. There were two Springers caught on Dick Nites today while I was there. Now thats a kick on light gear.

[ 05-13-2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Space Fish? ]

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Pound, Pound, Pounded 'em!!

Rigged up a 20 diver and moved around until I found them and then I camped on them this afternoon from 12:30 until 3:00

Half/half and Green grub was the ticket for us.
I honestly did not keep track but I bet we hooked 40 in 2 1/2 hours

Thanks Space Fish, I went on your info!

Crayfin

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
how much weight are you guys using there? bank style sinkers or cannon ball? does that matter?
thanks...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Crayfin, right on. As you can see it's not rocket science. It's just finding them and having the right lure. I have always found that you can get a few fish on all of them any time but, the right one will fill the boat. Thanks,

SPACE :dance:

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Today it was a green grub day, we hammered them up around OC. Wife and I caught 53, 2.5' dropper 3' leader and a samll jig and green grub. We also caught a few on dick nites.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
What's the green grub, are we talking little catipilery wormy thing? Can you just buy them at joes or fms? Thanks for any help. Also, if anyone can tell me which side of the river they're running on above the 205 that'd be super. TOC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts