IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never fished for shad and will be trying on Saturday morning and would like some advice on where to go. :whazzup:

I have a dozen Dick Nites small in the green color and a few orange ones and will be fishing from the bank. :wink:

Where to go... That is the Question? Oregon city? Boniville?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I've been told that bonneville is starting to produce shad. Some guides from the fishery today were going up the shad rack and getting bait for the days fishing. I'm heading up there tomarrow to check things out and I'll post when I get back. :cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have been looking for current regulations for the Columbia....Does anyone know if Columbia is open for taking shad around The Fishery? Wasn't it closed with Salmon???

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hit OC area yesterday after work with the kids. Only had about 90 minutes, and even though we boated only 1 shad, we hooked up on about 10 and the boats in area were killing em.

Tried the siwash hook and brass swivel thang, but it wasn't happening. :whazzup: Had most action on chartrueuse and specifically a mini grub. I'll hit it again on Monday.

The boat next to us was using half/half bronze/nickel dick nites with about 3ft of lead and leader line and 6oz weight.

Need some more crab bait.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Apparently the shad are in up at Bonnie pretty thick. (Not to mention the oversized) either one would be a fun little day-trip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts