IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a spot to try. Have read numerous reports but am looking for some advice on where a first timer should try. I'm familiar with the Scappoose(sp?)area but not the OC. Suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Go up to Oregon City exit off of 205, go back under freeway and take first left down to Clackamette park or the other ramp which I can't remember the name. Put in there and go just d/r of 205 bridge which is the garbage hole. A suggestion is to just watch and see what other boats are doing before you anchor. You can either do this from the road by McDonalds or just go out in your boat and observe who's doing the best. Find a spot close to them or u/r of them, throw the anchor. Backbounce your fave shad lure and it shouldn't be long before shad on, doubles etc. You can also fish anywhere up to the falls which is productive also.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
One of the best spots in the OC area is right across from the mouth of the Clackamas. We were there yesterday afternoon and caught about 50 of those little buggers in that spot.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, headed out to give it a try in the a.m. If you see a 19'NR with some lost looking people in it say hi.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The OC area is a great spot. I have found that we do the best in about 15/20 ft of water, but shad can be had in that area pretty much no matter where you anchor. Be smart and get to the ramp really early and beat the crowds. Dont anchor within 30 ft of the rock bank at the park tho, you'll get lots of nasty talk from the bankies. :shocked:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts