IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been able to get out for a month. Will someone give me a report on whats up at Oregon City, Camas or the Fishery. I'm going on Sunday and could use any help I can get. Don't have much time before its to late.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
You can still get them at OC, but it is way slower than a few weeks ago, counts at the dam show you should be able to still get fish as well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
At the current rate of flow: TRADITIONALLY, June 22nd, Camas is past it's peak.

Bonneville is probably still great for the 22nd. But "only" 40,000 went over yesterday (the lowest amount since MAY!!), so it's possible that it's really slowing relative to how it's been lately.

OC was reported fairly slow, reading a few posts here a few days back, but how's it been the last couple of days, guys?

June 22nd is traditionally about the PEAK of the fishing that takes place right below John Day dam (can fish from shore from OR or WA sides)

Apparently, they catch good numbers of shad below McNary Dam, from a boat. The peak day at McNary is usually around June 27th, so it's run should still be building....so maybe check it out!

With this record-shattering number of shad in the river it might not be quite so crucial to have to fish the peak weeks, however. 1.2 MILLION M-O-R-E SHAD SO FAR THIS YEAR AT THE DALLES, AND 1.5 MILLION M-O-R-E SHAD SO FAR THIS YEAR AT BONNEVILLE, THAN THE ALL TIME RECORD THROUGH 6/19/03!!

[ 06-20-2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: DaleDor ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts