IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on sunday, Had a great time. Between my cousins and I we boated about 20 or so :dance: we even had a couple of double headers and a triple header. Out at washougal. Lots of fun :grin: :grin:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Zipperlip on Shad?
Sounds like some great action, but wheres the how too's? What were ya using? Method of presentation?

Also lrfj
Where is your introduction story? 5 posts so far without one. It's customary to tell a story to let others welcome you here and to get to know a little about you.

[ 05-27-2003, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Dont like to brag but since I cant seem to catch anything but shad and an occasional squafish....we boated 82 shad this weekend. They are all getting nice and comfy in my freezer right now :grin: and come fall they'll magically transform into beautiful and sweet Dungeness crab! Tiny chartruese jig head hooks with or without mini grub tails. Just below the big bulkhead below the mouth of the Clackamas. 18 ft of water. Im done for the year except for a couple of disabled kids I'll be taking next week. I'll probably be catching and releasing that day unless someone wants to pick them up....

p.s. The amount of shad we caught represents about 9 hrs of fishing.

[ 05-27-2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: TundraIII ]

·
Registered
105 Posts
82 shad equate to one heck of a lot of crab.

We too hit the OC area and boated 32 shad last night between 5pm and 8:30pm. We lost about one for each one boated so we were busy. My six year had a great time.

I have completely used up my share of the freezer - for bait - if you know what I mean.

We picked up a few with the siwash thang, a few more on dick nite and triple teaser half and halfs, but he bulk of them came on chartruese. Chartruese anything. Solid, tipped, grubs - it didn't much seem to matter. We did move 3 times before it took off big time. Could just be timing though. The best spot we found was opposite the park right upstream of the bend where the concrete donut is.

Its a nice feeling that its not always the other boats that are killing them. :dance: :grin: :dance:

GU

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a big bankie on the Lewis river for the springers and fall salmon. I fish the East Fork of the Lewis For Winter Steelies. And I fish the cowlitz for the summer runs. I am a junior in High school. The police don't like me, (long story their. Ask and I might tell). That is a little about me and my Intro

I was usin the dick nites for those shad I caught and I got them out at washougal. all in about a 3-4 hour period. But 82 shad WOW that must have been fun?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
So why don't the police like you, Josh???

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
We fished above Coon Island on Saturday. We boated 30+ shad. We used a red and white Dick Nite. That was the hot color.

It was fun!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Are we talking about gamies or actual police??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no prob with Gammies. Actually I have a prob with the sherrifs here, they pull you over for doing 5 under. Like I said loooooong story

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I understand. Lets not break any rules here and welcome aboard!!!

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
I was fishing at Camas on Sun, but we only got about 20 in the boat, and probably lost 10 more (the current was ripping). Used Triple Teasers, Dick Nites, Hildebrand spinners, and I even managed one on a red/white Daredevil.
We only went after shad 'cuz the ********* weren't cooperating, and the big shad crowd at Lady Island got our attention. Next time we'll be better prepared and go for 50. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts