IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you set up a spread do you anchor 1 and then tie a few to it and then anchor another one and do the same thing or do you anchor each one? Whats a good pattern for drakes, hens and feeders?

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Anchor each bird and set them up in groups leaving a landing space where you want them to get whacked! In my spread drakes and hens are random and I don't have butts but the layout of the spread is totally dependent on the location. Different conditions require a different spread and doing it well is mostly an art form. It also depends on the time of year and how many you have.

· Banned
5,336 Posts
I like to do a missing man type of arrangement.

If you have 3 small groups of a similar shape, an one that is almost the same except for the 1 duck that is missing, you will sometimes get the single to come in and fill the spot.

* Something to note, is that the singles that fall for this are typically highly educated, analytical, and detail oriented ducks.

But they taste about the same as the plain old regular uneducated ducks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.