IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fish with a couple of co-workers today and left skunked. I saw a few caught, but for the number of boats, the ratio was low.

There were a couple of guys in a nice wood driftboat, stained with a red stripe. They showed up in the late afternoon, dropped lines and BAM..boated a nook,,,about that fast too...why cant I do that?

I had bad prawns,,, yea thats it,,, bad prawns.... :grin:

Ill be out again soon..

·
Registered
12,169 Posts
I was out there and fished next to that driftboat for a bit. We got seriously blanked! We had three lines in the water, two with prawn spinners, I fished a flasher with a herring, both whole and plug-cut. Saw this one guy boat two over the course of an hour near the marina up river on east side up from the bridge. We marked a ton of fish, so frustrating!!! All in all, we saw 4-5 fish caught from 4-8pm. Pretty slow I'd say.
Better luck next time.

·
Registered
676 Posts
hey bud,,,that was a friend and me in the wood drifter with the red stripe ,,next time give me a hollar would like to meet another ifisher,,as for the pulling in and fish on well :cheers: some days are like that and some arnt :dance:

·
Registered
12,169 Posts
bear, we were next to you for a bit, over the 18 foot shelf above the bridge. The 16 ft. hewes sea runner with the honda 4 stroke. I was fishing in the back, we had three rods going. Nice job landing one.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bear... I was in a flat bottom sled with a grey bimini top on it. I have seen you out there before.. I say hi next time....Congrats on the fish...

GBS,,, saw you out there too... we need I Fish stickers...I saw them on another boat out there...

K9

[ 04-23-2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: k9jeff ]

·
Registered
676 Posts
were out there quit a bit and have had some great days but then again weve come up empty also :shrug: did get my daughter her first springer last weekend which was awesome,going to order some of them there decals,be kinda cool seeing who are the ifishers and how there doing,,,going tomorrow in the pm ,might see ya out there,,,,gotta get you some of them bc's prawn's there the best ive seen around,nice and firm

·
Registered
384 Posts
Fished off Ross Island from 8am to 3 or so and crackered off one and had a few other drive-bys but came up nadda. Saw about 5-6 caught, though. Our blue pontoon boat with motor got lots of stares.

·
Registered
384 Posts
yah, I'm pretty sure we were the only rig out there with pontoons. Worked quite well, though, except for the crackering part.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
We're you guys in the 2 man pontoon or the party size one. We saw a couple. I have a 17 ft semi v alumaweld, no paint, with 2 merc's. I usually have one or two of the kids along.

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
I am the guy that boated two in an hour by the marina. A nice 22 and 24 pounder. Got 'em on prawn spinners with fish-flash, fishing real shallow, 10-12 pulls.

Went out last night with only one sniff. Don't know what happened. I tried all depths.
I'm a newbie to this site and really like it. I should be getting some Ifish decals soon, give me a holler when you see them.

·
Registered
12,169 Posts
Boatdog,
So that was you with you wife, ooops! Mistress, girlfriend, you had a plaid shirt on. You're gal reeling in the first one. She looked like a champ. I saw the fishflash but I guess I assumed you were fishing herring. Prawn spinner, interesting. My buddy
has been just crushing them the last few days.
It does'nt suck being him.

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
GBS,

Ya , that was me getting the wife hooked on fishing. Whenever she goes, I'm not in trouble! That's the third fish I've had her reel in - I think I got her reeled in now! :grin:
What boat were you in?
How'd you guys do?
It was a real snoozer for me. :sleep:

[ 04-24-2003, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Boatdog ]

·
Registered
12,169 Posts
boatdog,
I was in the 16' hewes searunner with the black top. I was the guy in the back with the frustrated look as you two put the hurt on the nookies. Always great when we can get the gals into fish. Can your wife come fish in my boat sometime? pleeeeeeze! good job out there!

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
GBS,

So you want to trade boats?
Well probably not... but that is one way to get the wife in your boat.
We'll be out again friday puttin' the hurt to 'em.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
I'm heading out in 30 minutes, will let you know if I do any good. My wife will be joining me after she gets off work. We'll be in a green Willie Predator w/ a 50hp Yamaha & grey top. :grin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts