IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today started out slow. Lots of boats and some fish here and there. Then as things started to thin out around 10:00 the bite got better. By 10:00 there were about 20 fish caught. When I left at 1:30 there around 30 to 35 fish total to that point. It never got really hot. It stayed steady at two to three fish an hour with some exceptions every now and then. At one point there was a bite that found four boats floating sideways down to the bridge. I had a 20+ native and two other take downs. Of all the fish I've caught this year I still have yet to land a keeper :shrug: . The bite was best on Herring over Prawns by a close margin of 60/40 I would say. Oh, the infamous point above the bridge only gave up about 6 to 10 fish. The rest were down by the bridge supports and trolling out in the deeper water. Some rain without wind made for a really good day. Tight lines to all. SPACE FISH Green/Silver Sea Dory with Ifish Sticker on the Back Transom..........

[ 04-10-2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Space Fish? ]

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the informative report. Will look for you the next time I fish there. Dark blue 17' driftboat with stickers and german shorthair pointer aboard. It is my understanding that smaller herring are working better in the Sellwood area. Do you concure?

Randy

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the informative report. Will look for you the next time I fish there. Dark blue 17' driftboat with stickers and german shorthair pointer aboard. It is my understanding that smaller herring are working better in the Sellwood area. Do you concure?

Randy

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, small Herring are out fishing Prawns alittle better but not by too much. SPACE FISH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts