IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I counted 35 fish by 11:00am this morning. The bite started out on the point today. The were alot of fish taken from that area right off the bat. This was the first day this week that the bite got hot before 8:00am. In fact there were less boats and more fish. There were 16 fish by 8:00am. I had to leave at 11:00 so thats all I know. I would have to say this could easily be the best day so far. SPACE FISH

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey sounds like the bite was really on. where abouts were you fishing and what was the bait of choice

·
Registered
129 Posts
We found a pretty good bite down across from swan island. 1 in the boat and 1 short line release. :depressed: I think there here :grin:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like to fish above the bridge in a few different areas. No secret spot. Just on the shelf in 15 to 20ft of water. I have also been aware of a good bite in the Swan Isl, Fremont Br area that was mentioned. The bait of choice is Prawns with or without a blade and herring (cut plug). SPACE FISH

·
Registered
676 Posts
was indeed a good day 25#,24#,14# and a naive released,im in a little wood db so give me a hollar if you see mehad a triangle decal on back side of boat

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Bear,
We saw you out there, glad you got fish!! We were in the Green Willie Predator, w/ the grey top, I would have waved if I saw an I-Fish Sticker. We went 0 for 3 Sat. Just could not seem to keep them hooked up. Had one break the main line about 15' up from the spreader. With all the debris in the water, maybe it caused a fray in the line, and then seperated on the fish, just a theory. It seemed a little slower than Friday, but we only went down to the Sellwood bridge at about noon. All our fish were hooked in the area of Jefferson St. Ramp. Oh Well, that's why it's called fishing not catching. :grin:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Thanks for the report!

Sometimes listening to the Portland area reports is tough because I don't know the different landmarks, but hey, it's fun to listen.

Krue

·
Registered
676 Posts
Drachir,
Did you happen to see that last one caught in my boat?Went totally crazy must have came out of the water a dozen times just ripping it up,,,have hookedmany a spring but this one was memorable was 25lbs and clipped fougt way harder than a 44lbs nate that i caught on the cr before the closure,going to be ou there quite a bit so let me know who you are,havnt met a ifisher outhereyet

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Sure sorry I missed seeing that one. I love it when they tear you up, they come to the net easier after all the tearing around, Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
the bear, were you fishing today at sellwood? I think I saw you? anything happen there today? I only fished that area for about an hour...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts