IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this must be one of those zipper deals
, i keep hearing about the numbers being down but people were catching fish, lots of bobber fishing and trolling going on :tongue: and of course my boat got the NOTHING for salmon :shrug: but my son was catching herring left and right :dance: ......

·
Registered
40 Posts
wow, fished the siletz on sat. the 4th and limited out. packed house but plenty of fish. two of the fish were 30lbs. plus. Got a guide through the amermans and he was excellent.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Originally posted by fishyjames:
wow, fished the siletz on sat. the 4th and limited out. packed house but plenty of fish. two of the fish were 30lbs. plus. Got a guide through the amermans and he was excellent.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">You Can't Go wrong with one of the fine Amerman guide's... You will learn more about Bobber fish'in in one trip than in 5 years thinking you knew how to do it. Atleast I did. Glad to here you had a good time you picked a great guide service. I was also out there on Sat. Maroon Alumaweld with a heavy set guy in it :smile:

Derek Anderson

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
I spent a few hours out there sunday on the woodie drifter (last trip before I sell it!)
was not a good day for me, painted 4 rooms in my house the night before so I was tired and dirty when I launched severely deprived of sleep Forgot the tackle box so I was limited to either eggs, or a single herring rig...lost my anchor and replaced it with a cheaper one which refused to hold. Spooled up with 65# power pro the night before and managed one of the largest rats nests Ive ever seen on a 5501 (couldnt see the reel through the line!) reached into my egg jar and pulled out a huge clump of jelled cure and wondered what dreadful mistake was made...Killed a million bullheads despite the bobber stop depth, spilled maries shrimp scent all over the bottom of the boat so I couldnt stand up without sliding around...one good bobber down kept me there for far longer than I would have stayed without one...though I was cursing the remainder of the day due to the nap I was taking during that one fluke bobber down that stuck only for as long as it took me to skate over to the rod holder and set the hook in the tree behind me :hoboy:

Seems the majority of the fish are being taken on qwikfish anchored up on any tide condition...though the Amerman clan seems to be doing quite well on thier guided trips with some funky egg lookin things on thier hooks. Had the good fortune of meeting Grant and his dead fish/happy customers. (nice to meet you Grant)

Theres fish there, but like most reports in the Lincoln/Tillamook area, dont bet on a bite when you need one.

[ 10-07-2003, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Row Vs. Wade ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts