IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Fish the CR from Sand Island Tomorrow.

Sunday I was thinking of heading up the MC from the mouth, where it enters the CR. I will be in a Big Blue Driftboat with my new IFISH stickers. Any tips or pointers for the MC in that area? I only have a 5 horse kicker and the 35# pyramid anchor. Any concerns, warnings or tips will be greatly appreciated.

See you at Springertilla!

Lucky #7!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Gutz,

Do a Search on Multnoma Channel. We fished there on Monday, right near the mouth around the paper plant and I posted details on what worked for us.

You'd be fine the area we fished with a small boat. Biggest hazard is boat wakes.

Brion

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Sometimes the wind can kick up in that area and whip up a good chop. In the summer, I would count on it. Not really dangerous, just really annoying. Once you get up the channel past the entrance to Scappoose Bay it calms down quite a bit. Like BL said, lots of boat traffic.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
GutZ

Email me. Ill give you a couple tips.

Check out my vis report. Ill check the river vis about 7pm tonight and post it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Gutz, you probably already know this but lots of us Washingtonians don't, you gotta have an Oregon Fishing License to go fishing up into MC. If you're trolling, don't be afraid to try the bigger herring like "Blue Label" with a plug cut. Especially with MC still having a murke to it. Bigger herring = more flash. Inject them with your favorite scents after every 20 minutes or so. Run two, 3 feet apart. 2 hooks in the bottom herring and 1 in the top to keep things legal. Troll slooooooooowwwwwww. Forget everything drift fishing has taught you and let these chinook eat it. When you think you should set the hook - wait 3 more seconds. Good luck.
x

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips!
I should have asked sooner, I was on the road by the time there were any replies.

Worked out pretty well. I need to slow down! I saw four fish caught for about a hundred boats Sunday. I will be back out there, rain or shine, Saturday if they close the CR and Sunday for sure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts