IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
2,152 Posts
wrong forum for this thread. There is a boat forum.
Which is primarily, as the name says, Boat and Motor Tech…

Considering he is asking opinions of valuation on a boat that will be used for FISHING purposes, I think the topic fits in this section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ccw

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
I appreciate all the advice, questions for me to ponder, etc. Honestly having a boat of any sort isn’t really something I had ever imagined at this point in my life but since he would be willing to give me a good deal on it, I figured it might be a good way for me to get into that sector of the outdoors. I would mostly let the boat and it’s ability/function dictate my uses for it. Like my original post mentioned, I’ve grown up mostly hunting. The thought of having a boat to run up and down parts of the Willamette looking for 615 tag bucks or being able to hunt ducks out of it appeals to me. Not sure if that is the type of boat for that thing though. I’d love to Kokanee fish with it, but sounds like even a slightly rough day on a lake/reservoir might be rough in a flat bottom boat? Not sure if it would be possible to use it in bays just dropping crab traps? Those were my thoughts for use anyways.
It'll work great for all of those things you listed.

Reactions: bambislayer22

·
Registered
926 Posts
It would be fine for all of those things. Especially for the willamette work. Fair warning on the 615 river hunting though, know the laws because it’s all private ground and game cameras today take very good pictures.
I’ll echo this post completely. I’m not familiar with a tiller jet set up. Most my jet boat experience was on big V8 inboards with a jet pump. Those are a lot heavier. I think you’ll have a blast with it. Go for it bro!
Kirk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts